2010 Volkswagen GTI
Property of lubel80 Added Apr 2013 Location:
The only thing I’ve added to it is a performance computer chip (which is about $1200 normally – includes 4 modes – stock/91 octane/93 octane/valet – I only use the 91 octane mode) so it’s up from the stock 200 hp to 250 hp – which surprisingly has little impact on fuel economy. I get very reliably 10 L/100 km in city driving and can get pretty close to 7 L/100 km on the highway if I’m light-footed, almost spot-on what Transport Canada says.
- even though I did no damage to the car I bumped into, because of the low, pointy nose of the Golf, his rear bumper stopped me by crunching the grill, headlights and hood (would have been no damage if we met bumper-to-dumper). The repair was expensive, but that’s because I took it to a very high end shop and insisted they used only genuine Volkswagen parts. Part of the delay in getting the car fixed was it took a month to get some of the parts from Germany.
- there is a little scuff low down on the front bumper where I rubbed it on a parking block. Not overtly obvious, but it still annoys me.
- there is a little scuff on one wheel, again from a parking block (I’m getting the sense I should stay out of parking lots).
- a small scuff on the top of the rear bumper where I set my bike down on it, and a few scratches inside the luggage area from my bike.
- CA$4.68 Avg Price/Gallons
- CA$55.04 Avg Price/Fuel-up
- CA$0.18 Avg Price/Mile
- CA$5,449.36 Total Spent
Total Miles Tracked
City vs Highway Driving