Gas Savers joins Fuelly - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
BDC
Registered Member

So can I interpret the silence as confirming that there is no way to get out of the gas savers forum account if we want to continue to use Fuelly?

Can we also please get an answer from the site owner on the current and future privacy policy for the site?

BDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDC View Post
So can I interpret the silence as confirming that there is no way to get out of the gas savers forum account if we want to continue to use Fuelly?
BDC, I think you are misunderstanding the situation. GasSavers no longer exits, it's not been merged into Fuelly. If you had a Gas Savers account before, just let us know and we can delete your old account. I post the email to contact us in my last response to you.
Quote:
Can we also please get an answer from the site owner on the current and future privacy policy for the site?
We plan to update the TOS and Privacy Policy with more detailed agreements in 2014. We will continue to with the same policy of never selling your registration information or spamming you.

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
BDC
Registered Member

What I am trying to say is that I was a long time Fuelly user and not a Gas Savers user. Now I have been automatically signed up for a Gas Savers forum account. I don't have any interest in the Gas Savers forum, whether it's called Fuelly Forum or Gas Savers Forum, and would prefer to not have an account here.

Can I continue to use Fuelly as a gas logging website but have my "Fuelly Forum" account deleted?
BDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollbait View Post
Any timeline on when gassaver users will have their fuel data ported to fuelly?
Can you please check this URL here and see if you can export your data:

http://www.gassavers.org/garage

You should see links that say "download gaslog":

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1534

Once you download your log, you can import it into Fuelly when you view your car:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1535

Let us know of that worked out OK for you.
Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
What I am trying to say is that I was a long time Fuelly user and not a Gas Savers user. Now I have been automatically signed up for a Gas Savers forum account. I don't have any interest in the Gas Savers forum, whether it's called Fuelly Forum or Gas Savers Forum, and would prefer to not have an account here.

Can I continue to use Fuelly as a gas logging website but have my "Fuelly Forum" account deleted?

Fuelly always had a forum although the layout was different. All Fuelly members could post to it although most only posted for account support.

GasSavers was merged into the Fuelly Forum and then the Fuelly forum layout and interface was changed to this new format. It's the GasSavers members who now have a Fuelly forum account, not the other way around.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #16
Site Team

BDC, What Janet mentioned above is correct. Fuelly always had a forum, it was simply replaced by new forum software and Gas Savers members were imported into Fuelly (not the other way around). This was done to give us a more full featured forum software so we can dedicate our resources to developing the Fuelly system. Your account has not been changed and was never part of Gas Savers.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Admin View Post
Can you please check this URL here and see if you can export your data:

http://www.gassavers.org/garage

You should see links that say "download gaslog":

Attachment 1534

Once you download your log, you can import it into Fuelly when you view your car:

Attachment 1535

Let us know of that worked out OK for you.
Thanks. All the Gassaver links I tried were just getting redirected to Fuelly.

The miles for the trip odometer weren't exported, but there wasn't many for me to re enter.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #18
Registered Member

I am having problems with my gaslogs. My account could not be switched from Gassavers - it had to be re-created. I just re-created 3 of my vehicles, but I am having a lot of problems moving my gaslogs. My gaslog for the T.A.R.D.I.S. needs to be deleted - it is all incorrect. The export fields from Gassavers go not match the import fields on Fuelly. I attempted to correct it manually, but it botched the gaslog instead. I tried to manually update the fields in Excel, but it will not import that way. I have over 200 gaslog entries just for these 3 vehicles (not including the 5 retired vehicles I still have on Gassavers). HELP!

IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote