$79 5 wire O2 sensor - who has bought one? - Page 14 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #131
Registered Member

Did you buy it with a credit card? Dispute the charge. That will get their attention.

GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #132
*shrug*

They have the thing listed as working for a 92-95 non-california civic vx...I would dispute and file a claim...bs company.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #133
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
Take a look at page 228 if you haven't found it already.

Good idea, but the LAF heater circuit is a code 41, not 48.
Thanks Bobski. I was having a hard time finding the relevant page. Well, the CEL doesn't come on when I do the 1500rpm test in 3rd gear.

I have been driving less efficiently this tank, yet I first went below 1/2 tank at 270 miles compared to last tank at 275. Anyway, seems the next step I need to do is lots of testing via this manual. But I can't say I feel too comfortable doing it. Not sure I want to ask my mechanic as I think he is not interested in humoring me as it were. I still haven't installed my ECU. Never got a chance today. But doesn't seem like it's too hard. Maybe tomorrow I get to it! Then at least the ECU will have been reset.

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #134
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Tell them they're full of **** and file a complaint. Link the auction?
They're totally wrong about the LAF and o2 sensor being "different parts" right? The o2 sensor is the LAF, correct? There is no o2 sensor and LAF in my car, right?

Here's the auction link SVOboy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB....cWON.m313.lVI

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #135
Registered Member

Here is what I have written in the reply (I haven't sent the reply yet.)

I had the mechanic install the part for me. I purchased a 5 wire o2 sensor designed for the 1992-1995 Honda Civic VX with lean burn VTEC-E D15Z1 non-California motor, which is what my car is. I watched the mechanic install it.

Should I add that the car does not have a separate LAF sensor and that the code is referring to my o2 sensor?

Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #136
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
Did you buy it with a credit card? Dispute the charge. That will get their attention.
Yeah, I did. I mean, I purchased with a credit card. I haven't disputed the charge. I want to keep nice with these guys and not resort to those tactics until necessary.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:13 PM   #137
*shrug*

Just say that you bought it for a 92-95 D15z1 non-california civic. Don't mention anything about lean or LAF since they are obviously fools or liars. Mention they have a 1 year warranty on defective parts. Also mention that this was the only change made...
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #138
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
They're totally wrong about the LAF and o2 sensor being "different parts" right? The o2 sensor is the LAF, correct? There is no o2 sensor and LAF in my car, right?
Right. The LAF is an oxygen sensor with a linear response curve. Typical 4-and-less wire O2 sensors are collectively known as lambda sensors. They have an essentially flat response curve until you reach 14.7:1, where it makes a very steep transition from 0 to 1 volts. Both sensor types depend on oxygen content in the exhaust to generate a signal... They're oxygen sensors.
Newer ('96+) Civics have a second oxygen sensor on the downstream side of the catalytic converter. In the case of the '96-00 Civic HX, it may use both an LAF and a lambda oxygen sensor... Your VX should have only an LAF.

I have little doubt that many of the people that buy these fake sensors have problems and try to return them. The company's well aware of these problems, possibly before they started selling the products, and are just trying to BS you out of your money. Welcome to ebay.
GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #139
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
Dear global-automotive,

My o2 sensor I bought from you is throwing code 48 (LAF: Lean Air Fuel Sensor) I am requesting a replacement part that will work! Please contact me about exchanging my o2 sensor for a working 5 wire L1H1 o2 sensor. Thanks,
Jason

Global-Automotive's reply:
Dear Valued Customer,

That is the problem. The item we sell is an "OXYGEN SENSOR", not an "AIR FUEL RATIO" sensor. These two parts look the same, but are very different. The two cannot be interchanged.

Looks like you purchased the wrong part or your trying to install on a position that is incorrect.

We suggest to all customers that they use a certified mechanic to install all parts. This is what they went to school for.

Thanks,
Management
Uh, I don't think they get it. Tell them the VX uses an L1H1 oxygen sensor and that their ad or auction was for an oxygen sensor for that car. It does not work. And tell them you had a mechanic do it so they can't get ya on that.

Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #140
Registered Member

Also, don't use LAF, just talk "oxygen sensor". It will confuse them. When you say "LAF" they think you're using it as part of an aftermarket AF device.
Gary

garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote