Any Comprehensive List of Seat Weights / Comfort? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #11
Registered Member

I put the GSR seats in-

Quote:
Originally Posted by smccall View Post
I'm getting some gsr leather seats to go in mine. They feel so much better than our stockies.

I love them, i added some weight with these seats, 6 rolls of peel and seal in the interior, and good speakers but now I am willing to drive the car on long road trips because it is so much more comfortable to sit in. I do not have any slipping problems at all. Very comfy seats for me (6'4" 220) and the height adjustment makes the car more usable for me and my wife as well. Now instead of driving our 22-24mpg volvo 850 on longer trips we drive our 35-38 mpg civic hatch. So giving up a little weight saves us gas.

mini-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #12
Registered Member

I had an Integra SE a few years back that had some leather seats, but I really didnt like them at all. Sliding around and the cold/sticky issue makes me hate leather for some reason.

If you're tall, I think Integra seats would be good since they have adjustable headrests, but in a civic, they make you sit a little higher I believe. The del sol seats are made for someone that is at least 5' 8" (my height), let you sit closer to the floor than the civic seats, don't have intrusive side bolsters, so I think they would work for a big tall person. They don't have as much padding as civic and integra seats, but that's what makes them lighter, and for me, they are the perfect firmness. That being said, some people hate them.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to limerence
do you guys know if there are any weight differences between the different model del sol seats? i've seen to come across two types.

1) has a stripe going down the middle
2) all uniform color one that came in the later model years of the del sol

wondering if one has any pros over the other.
limerence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerence View Post
do you guys know if there are any weight differences between the different model del sol seats? i've seen to come across two types.

1) has a stripe going down the middle
2) all uniform color one that came in the later model years of the del sol

wondering if one has any pros over the other.
The later model ones are much better since the material is thicker and more durable. THey are harder to find and I'm jealous if you did find some for a cheap price.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #15
Registered Member

Yeh... I got a pair yesterday for $180. Pretty clean too. I usually see them for more and the stripe ones for around $150
Old 03-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #16
Registered Member

Yeah, that's not a bad deal. I looked for a while, and somehow found my grey stripe pair for $55, but spent $20 in gas and about 7hrs of driving to pick them up... haha

Overall, the del sol seat prices are all over the place. I've seen them sell between $50 and $300 depending on condition and how much the person wants them. But the seats are SO comfortable and easy to install in a civic.

There are other nice Honda seats out there out of the newer cars, but they would take at least a few hours of fab/welding to get to fit into a civic. Next seats I'll get for mine will be the s2000 seats. They actually sell for around $3-600 a pair, are made fairly tough, and have a similar shape to the del sol seats.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #17
Registered Member

i was too busy this weekend to try to install it but what is involved in having it fit in the VX?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:34 AM   #18
Registered Member

Which del sol seats can be swapped into a VX by just switching the rails? I have a line on some 97 del sol seats, but I'm trying to find out what kind of project it would be to swap them into my 94 VX.

Edit: I knew it was around here somewhere... looks like they will swap in based on info on civicvx.com (what a lifesaver!) Please feel free to confirm this if you've done it. If I get the seats, I'll post my results in the "seat swap thread" that's around here somewhere.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:05 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogfilet View Post
Which del sol seats can be swapped into a VX by just switching the rails? I have a line on some 97 del sol seats, but I'm trying to find out what kind of project it would be to swap them into my 94 VX.

Edit: I knew it was around here somewhere... looks like they will swap in based on info on civicvx.com (what a lifesaver!) Please feel free to confirm this if you've done it. If I get the seats, I'll post my results in the "seat swap thread" that's around here somewhere.
The civic rails will swap right over.

I've done the swap into my VX and have loved the del sol seats for a year now, but would love to pick up some '97 seats in the future since they have the best material.