Any Comprehensive List of Seat Weights / Comfort? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to limerence
Any Comprehensive List of Seat Weights / Comfort?

probably not out there but thought i'd give it a shot. seats will be going into my honda civic vx so i wanted to get comparisons going among seats.

i know comfort is more on the individual but didnt know if there was a consensus on a certain model being pretty comfortable

limerence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
Registered Member

I'm getting some gsr leather seats to go in mine. They feel so much better than our stockies.

smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
Registered Member

For me, the Integra seats (from any generation Integra) are more comfortable than civic seats of the same generations. But the Integra seats weigh about the same as the civic seats.

Del sol seats for me are the most comfortable, and I believe are the lightest Honda seats I've ever lifted.

Some people like CRX seats, but I'm not one of them.

Prelude seats from any generation, are usually very comfortable and supportive, but are quite ugly in my opinion.

I've never lifted the Prelude seats, but from looking at them, I'm sure they're lighter than the 92-95 civic seats which are quite heavy.

I think the 92-95 civic and 96-00 civic seats are the least comfortable Honda seats ever. Other than that, Honda seats are generally pretty nicely designed.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:18 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by smccall View Post
I'm getting some gsr leather seats to go in mine. They feel so much better than our stockies.
Whatch out, those seats are about twice the weight of the stock civic seats, they are very uncomfortable when its cold out and they let you slide all around when taking corners at a high rate of speed. But it is ultimately your choice of seating in your car. Just wanted to inform you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danronian View Post
Del sol seats for me are the most comfortable, and I believe are the lightest Honda seats I've ever lifted.
Agreed, they are the most supportive, lightest, and comfy seats Honda ever made. I have used them in every Honda I have ever owned.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:01 AM   #5
Registered Member

I am interested in seat compatibility to replace my ripped up seats.

So will seats from any 84-87 Honda or Acura (86-87) bolt into my 87 civic?
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:21 AM   #6
Registered Member

How hard was it for you guys to swap the rails out of the Del Sol Seats with the civic ones? Are they just bolted on? Never took one out yet.

And how do the s2000 seats fare?
Old 01-24-2008, 08:34 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
For the Del Sol seats into a 92-95 Civic, it's pretty easy, but kind of time consuming for the first-timer. Took me about 45 minutes to swap rails the first time.

You just basically remove two bolts from each rail, the main time consumer is the fact that one of the bolts to remove is the one that holds on the side of the seat. Check out THIS HOW TO on H-T. It's for an EK but the same principle applies.

S2000 seats are a much more involved project since you basically have to swap and reupholster the seat pans.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #8
Registered Member

good stuff Tom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
For the Del Sol seats into a 92-95 Civic, it's pretty easy, but kind of time consuming for the first-timer. Took me about 45 minutes to swap rails the first time.

You just basically remove two bolts from each rail, the main time consumer is the fact that one of the bolts to remove is the one that holds on the side of the seat. Check out THIS HOW TO on H-T. It's for an EK but the same principle applies.

S2000 seats are a much more involved project since you basically have to swap and reupholster the seat pans.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:19 AM   #9
Registered Member

By far, the RSX Type S seats are the best. They grip you very well and have a sporty look to them as well. I have had every style Integra and also had a 99 civic, and my current 95 civic and none compare to the RSX ones. I wish I could get them in my VX.
smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:25 AM   #10
Registered Member

I think those are leather right? You're not slipping around in them at all? If only there was a showroom around me to check out a whole bunch of chairs at once. I'm 6'3" 230 lbs so I'm looking for something that can accommodate my size comfortably and that is light, and doesn't take a genius to swap in.