Any idea how to get rid of a vacuum leak? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

Any idea how to get rid of a vacuum leak?

Sometimes When I'm standing at a light the rpm dips to 500rpms or when I'm driving under 10mph and I stop it dips to 500rpm. I've had this problem since I bought the car.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
Driving on E

like I told you in IM, I'd

like I told you in IM, I'd replace any vacuum hoses with holes in them. Hell, replace them all to be safe.

I'd also check your Idle Air Control Valve, which might need replacing or just a good cleaning with carb cleaner.

Another area where you coudl have a vacuum leak is your PCV valve. you can always get a new one for $5. Check all of your gaskets on your intake manifold (throttle body, pcv, etc.)

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:34 AM   #3

Yep, just go to AutoZone and

Yep, just go to AutoZone and buy about 6 feet of vacuum hose. Replace them one at a time so you don't get confused. Easiest way.

Also, check if you intake manifold gasket is leaking by spraying carb cleaner around the gasket - if your engine tone changes, you have a leak.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote