Converting to a FED VX - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-14-2007, 04:22 PM   #11
*shrug*

You should have him come on the site!

Good luck with the conversion, I'll be excited to see how it comes out...

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 AM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Hey I purchased one from ebay. I used the "buy it now" option and bought it for $50 + 10 shipping. So $60 for the P07-A001! Not bad.

BTW, my neighbor, a sixty year old man, bought a VX when I told him about the mileage I'm getting. He drives a GMC truck, now he mostly drives the VX. His wife hates the VX. Anyways, I spoke with him today and told him I'm converting my VX from CA to 49-state version. I ask if I can look at his VX. He has a Fed VX!! His O2 sensor is 5 wire. When he bought it the prev owner had some problems passing CA (bay area) smog, but he passed. He got a best of 60mpg, but his avg is in the 40's and 50's mpg.

Anyways, now I have a reference VX (neighbors).

Gary
Hah! That was the other one of the two that I had mentioned to knowing about. I wanted to link you to it, but when I went to it it had ended. I guess you were the lucky buyer! There's a $79 5 wire somewhere on the internet, I think on ebay. I'll see if I can't dig it up.

If I can keep my car out of the shop and not do testing on it, I will have an absolute minimum of 45mpg, with regular fill ups in the high 50s, low 60s.

That's great about your neighbor. Love to hear it. We are well on our way to starting a revolution here on gassavers.org

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:38 AM   #13
Registered Member

HERE it is, courtesy of TomO

$79.95 5 wire o2 sensor!

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
I must add that the buyer beware on that link to the $80 L1H1. I personally have never done any business with that person and do not know his business practices. His feedback seemed good, but just remember that eBay is like water....sometimes it's warm and safe, sometimes we don't know what's in there.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
I must add that the buyer beware on that link to the $80 L1H1. I personally have never done any business with that person and do not know his business practices. His feedback seemed good, but just remember that eBay is like water....sometimes it's warm and safe, sometimes we don't know what's in there.
Thanks 1993CivicVX!

Tom and 1993CivicVX -- is there a way to just list negative feedbacks on a user? That is a really good price, but I wonder if it's a cheap china knock off...
Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #16
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Thanks 1993CivicVX!

Tom and 1993CivicVX -- is there a way to just list negative feedbacks on a user? That is a really good price, but I wonder if it's a cheap china knock off...
Gary
That is a feature that eBay disabled a long time ago. you used to be able to list only the positive or only the negative feedback so you could get a better picture of what things were getting a negative feedback.

Best thing I can suggest is to let ebay know to bring that feature back. Especially since you have all these "power sellers" that sell a ton of different things and get about 100 or more feedbacks a month.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #17
Registered Member

in all likelihood I'm having my o2 sensor installed tomorrow morning. The mechanic's installing it. I'm sure he'll have a thing or two to say about it not being the genuine article. We'll see! I'll let you know how it all goes.