cruise control - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
 
93dagsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 103
Country: United States
cruise control

on my recent trip to albuquerque nm i was kind of confused by my cc. i thought that it was supposed to hold the speed in a smooth flow? on my way back i had the cc set to 80 mph the whole way back and noticed that it pulse and glided. i didn't fill up again because i got home around twelve last night and was too tired to do anything. i will try to fill up again tonight to see what my outcome was.

oops i rambled. my question is: did the manufacturers add p&g to cc??
__________________

__________________


http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...onda-civic.htm

stupid ricer... useless wings are for pinguins!
93dagsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,111
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
We're about 2,000ft higher elevation than you are normally in El Paso, could it be that your cruise control was having trouble keeping speed? I run into that in Flagstaff, AZ and they are only about 1000-1500ft higher than the 5,500ft ABQ is at. You should see how my car runs at 10,000ft after driving to the top of Sandia... it's kinda sad.

Now that I think about it, I-25 doesn't have a whole lot of grades and such to cause a problem so who knows!
__________________

__________________
- Kyle
dkjones96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,027
Country: United States
I had an intermittent issue like that with my 87 Integra cruise control- up and down by 1-2 mph. It annoyed me so I would turn it off and then reset it. Sometimes just reseting it would get it back to to keeping me at a steady speed.
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
 
93dagsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 103
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjones96 View Post
We're about 2,000ft higher elevation than you are normally in El Paso, could it be that your cruise control was having trouble keeping speed? I run into that in Flagstaff, AZ and they are only about 1000-1500ft higher than the 5,500ft ABQ is at. You should see how my car runs at 10,000ft after driving to the top of Sandia... it's kinda sad.

Now that I think about it, I-25 doesn't have a whole lot of grades and such to cause a problem so who knows!
lol! yea i didn't notice it untill i put my foot right next to it(i was wearing sandals) and i could feel the pedal slightly, very slightly move up and down. and i was on a flat part. on the obvious parts inclines/declines it did what it was supposed to do. this is kind of the way i counted it:
i would set the cc at 80 and it would accelerate to get acclimated i guess. then it would let up for about two seconds and get back on it for four then get off for two seconds and on again for four, and this was on the flat part of the road.
__________________


http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...onda-civic.htm

stupid ricer... useless wings are for pinguins!
93dagsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
 
VetteOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,546
Country: United States
chevettes kinda does this, but really really bad, like id set it it would be slowly accelerating all by itself then it would fully let off the gas (manual tranny slows way fast) then gun it to get back to speed...
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #6
Registered Member
 
93dagsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 103
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
I had an intermittent issue like that with my 87 Integra cruise control- up and down by 1-2 mph. It annoyed me so I would turn it off and then reset it. Sometimes just reseting it would get it back to to keeping me at a steady speed.
the speed wasn't affected at all it stayed at a constant 80 mph so long as i let the cc do its thing. i did notice the feeling on my foot as the pedal let off and on slightly, and the tone of the engine.
__________________


http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...onda-civic.htm

stupid ricer... useless wings are for pinguins!
93dagsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
Registered Member
 
93dagsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 103
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
chevettes kinda does this, but really really bad, like id set it it would be slowly accelerating all by itself then it would fully let off the gas (manual tranny slows way fast) then gun it to get back to speed...
sounds kinda scary. lol!
__________________


http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...onda-civic.htm

stupid ricer... useless wings are for pinguins!
93dagsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,027
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93dagsr View Post
the speed wasn't affected at all it stayed at a constant 80 mph so long as i let the cc do its thing. i did notice the feeling on my foot as the pedal let off and on slightly, and the tone of the engine.
Do you have an automatic or a 5 speed? In any case- about what is your rpm at 60?

I'm just curious- I looked at an auto 93 civic ex for sale 2 weeks ago (not running) and wondered how tall the trans was geared.
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,111
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
My Cressida did this because of a vacuum leak in the CC system.
__________________
- Kyle
dkjones96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
 
VetteOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,546
Country: United States
it only does it if its cold, i bet grease in the cable prolly makes it hang up...
__________________

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Average fuel mileage line in the history graph? BDC Fuelly Web Support and Community News 1 05-06-2009 01:07 AM
Sales tax based on estimated value Fourthbean General Discussion (Off-Topic) 14 10-04-2007 08:15 PM
Comparison of Gas vs electric zpiloto Electric and Solar powered 21 04-18-2007 07:09 PM
Is there a website where I can look up... wehrd1 General Maintenance and Repair 3 04-18-2007 06:23 PM
Honda named 2007 Greenest Automaker Matt Timion General Discussion (Off-Topic) 11 04-05-2007 08:36 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.