DaX's N600 Restoration - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #71
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 125
Country: United States
awesome cars...i am very jealous.
__________________

white90crxhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:18 AM   #72
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Thanks for the kudos. It's a long, slow process, but it's nice to be making headway.

Got two sets of NOS breaker points in the mail yesterday. Also pulled my remaining set of wheel cylinders from the dark green N. I'm going to go ahead and pull the calipers from the remaining two cars and send them to Miles as well.

It's probably just talk, but I've got a wild idea for the dark green N after I complete the restoration of the light green one. I'm considering fabbing a MPFI motorcycle engine into the car. Don't know the details of the driveline, but I would want it to be MPFI and I would also like to keep it a Honda. Perhaps a CBR 1000 RR engine or something like that.
__________________

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:42 AM   #73
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 43
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX View Post

It's probably just talk, but I've got a wild idea for the dark green N after I complete the restoration of the light green one. I'm considering fabbing a MPFI motorcycle engine into the car. Don't know the details of the driveline, but I would want it to be MPFI and I would also like to keep it a Honda. Perhaps a CBR 1000 RR engine or something like that.
That's a cool idea. I've been trying to find another S600/S800 without an engine to do something like that with. The only thing really stopping me is what to do about the transmission.

I think with an N600, you've got the perfect platform to do it with, you'd just have to convert to RWD.
smithenhiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:46 AM   #74
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithenhiven View Post
That's a cool idea. I've been trying to find another S600/S800 without an engine to do something like that with. The only thing really stopping me is what to do about the transmission.

I think with an N600, you've got the perfect platform to do it with, you'd just have to convert to RWD.
Yeah, I am thinking I may even be able to do it FWD though. With a short custom chain and some way of machining a sprocket to replace the ring gear on the differential, it could be possible to use the stock axles and differential to drive the front wheels. It's all mental smoke right now, and it will be way down the line if anything like this happens - I'm going to restore to original the one I have now.

In other news, I actually brought home my supplies from work yesterday and am FINALLY going to start molding this week (I know I keep saying that, but it's for real this time!).
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:07 AM   #75
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 43
Country: United States
Cool, keep those hybrid thoughts alive, I think it'd be neat to see something like that after you're done with the original restoration.

O yeah, I found what I "think" might be a set of rims to fit the N cars.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/97959165

Although the seller only shows a picture of two, I think he references 4 in the auction description. If you're interested in these, I can have my friend in Japan inquire about them, and find out exactly if there are two or four for sale.
smithenhiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #76
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithenhiven View Post
Cool, keep those hybrid thoughts alive, I think it'd be neat to see something like that after you're done with the original restoration.

O yeah, I found what I "think" might be a set of rims to fit the N cars.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/97959165

Although the seller only shows a picture of two, I think he references 4 in the auction description. If you're interested in these, I can have my friend in Japan inquire about them, and find out exactly if there are two or four for sale.
Appreciate keeping your eyes out for me, but right now I can't swing them.

Matt, any interest? 36,000 Yen is approximately $300, starting bid (30,000 yen) is about $250.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:27 AM   #77
Driving on E
 
Matt Timion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,110
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX View Post
Appreciate keeping your eyes out for me, but right now I can't swing them.

Matt, any interest? 36,000 Yen is approximately $300, starting bid (30,000 yen) is about $250.
Ugh... those look decent too... I just wish I had the money right now too... argh.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #78
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post
Ugh... those look decent too... I just wish I had the money right now too... argh.
Driven your 36 HP unit lately? Any progress on it? Sell the Z yet?
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #79
Driving on E
 
Matt Timion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,110
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX View Post
Driven your 36 HP unit lately? Any progress on it? Sell the Z yet?
I sold the Z a while ago. My n600 is just sitting covered in snow and giant icicles. I still need to put the new motor in before I can drive it. I just hope that this cold weather isn't affecting the engine sitting in the garage.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #80
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 675
Country: United States
Dax: It looks like your making steady progress.

Matt: If you have the engine sitting in the garage, it should be ok. The only thing I'd suggest is pulling the plugs and squirt some oil in their, to keep the rings from freezing up. Then put the plugs back in.
__________________

Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
We've added Facebook and Twitter automatic posting mathowie Fuelly Web Support and Community News 4 07-13-2011 09:04 AM
Gallons (US Liquid/Imperial) MorpheusUK Fuelly Web Support and Community News 2 05-01-2010 07:02 AM
First fill in a new car gday Fuelly Web Support and Community News 3 02-21-2010 08:10 AM
iPhone location Jamie350 Fuelly Web Support and Community News 5 09-04-2009 01:11 PM
UK setting incorrectly showing kilometers? DarkBahamut Fuelly Web Support and Community News 4 12-22-2008 03:51 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.