DaX's N600 Restoration - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-16-2006, 06:48 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithenhiven
Would you like to PM or email me your mailing address, and I'll mail them down to you?
PM'd.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:51 AM   #42

Finished stripping the yellow car last weekend. It's sitting on the floorpan on the floor...I can just push it around the shop wherever I want...two people can lift the entire car up. Josh will be by to pick up the shell in a week or two.

Got my NOS fenders on Monday...MAN they are nice! Thanks Matt for putting me in touch with Paul @ LittleCarTrader.

I also received my initial load of supplies for replicating lenses (silicone, resin, dyes). Now I've got to buy a scale, but that's on the birthday wishlist which will be coming up in a few weeks.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:28 AM   #43

Jason,

Got your lenses in the mail yesterday. I'm still waiting on my scale to arrive in the mail, and in the meantime I need to get a few incidental supplies, but the fact that your lenses are here means I will be trying to move as quickly as possible to mold them and get them back to you.

I'm going to feel so bad opening the NOS bags these lenses are in! I'll do it as carefully as possible.

In other news, the yellow shell is gone. We loaded into the bed of the guy's pickup truck last weekend and he drove off with it. He has aspirations of putting a Northstar V8 in the back of it...wow. Now I have room to move around my other two cars and work on them.

The focus for now is to get some molds made of Jason's S600 lenses. After that, getting one more N wheel and cleaning then painting it, then mounting tires so that I can move the car around the shop easily.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #44
Registered Member

Good to hear they made it to you safely. If memory serves, I opened up the brake lense, and don't feel bad about opening the turnsignal lense, it had to be done eventually, lol.

Feel free to take as much time with this as you need, I'm in no hurry at all.

Thanks again for everything.

Jason.
smithenhiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:26 AM   #45

I got to work on the car yesterday. I uncovered some pretty nasty body repairs. I removed the headliner in my light green N to find a repaired roof skin. I started sanding the roof, and quit when I realized it was going to take me forever to sand through this bondo! I pulled out the hammer and chisel and began flaking off bondo - as thick as 1/4" in some places! It looks like I'm going to be swapping roof skins with my light green one (I don't think there's any damage to it).

I wish I had found this last week and used the skin off the yellow car...it was pristine! This is going to throw additional months onto the project, but I think it will be worth it as opposed to buying another body. I replaced the core support on one of my Civics a long time ago and it turned out horrible (but it worked). I didn't know how to weld at the time though, and I was rushed because it was my daily driver. Now I can TIG and I have all the time in the world to finish this car (not to mention how I've matured in my patience). I will wait to transfer skins until I have my air compressor and TIG welder (hopefully by June 07). In the meantime, there is lots I can be working on besides the body.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:03 AM   #46
*shrug*

DIY DIY~

Just kidding, you don't [i]have[i] to.

I'm super jealous of you, but what am I going to do? Put an N in my dorm?

My mother used to own one of these in Japan, just to say randomly. What else...

Pictures!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:02 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Pictures!
My digital camera got stolen about 6 weeks ago, so that's why there haven't been many pictures. I'll try to borrow my wife's (you wouldn't think it was that hard to borrow your wife's camera) to take some shots.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:28 AM   #48

http://www.honda600coupe.com/1968_Motor_Road_Test.pdf

Good article about the N600 - with a MPG vs. Speed chart!
Old 12-07-2006, 07:02 AM   #49
Registered Member

That was a good articel. I like that last pictures, with the spare tire cover, I wonder how many cars still have that item.
smithenhiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:32 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithenhiven
That was a good articel. I like that last pictures, with the spare tire cover, I wonder how many cars still have that item.
Don't know. The spare tire under the hood is specific to the Honda N360. N600's have the spare under the car in the rear. Z600's have a trap door on the rear of the car that opens for access to an enclosed compartment for the tire and tools. I bet a NOS N360 spare cover is a hot item though...