Excessive oil changes - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 04:59 AM   #51
Registered Member

I've heard dealers here just use the cheapest bulk oil that meets manufacturer spec they can get.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:07 AM   #52
Registered Member

Yea thats probably what you'd get here if you went to a small independant back street garage, and didnt specify what oil you want. But a big main dealer must use the top quality stuff, or it wouldn't be able to do the large intervals it's capable of, and they could risk expensive mechanical warranty work if people risked high miles on cheap oil. Still seems like a huge conspiracy of some kind going on here...

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Old 01-30-2015, 06:31 AM   #53
BDC
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Yea no offense but you need to drop the whole troll label you keep throwing at me. You obviously don't understand what a troll is. Unfortunately I do, it got so bad at one point I had to involve the Police who were very helpful, so please, no more use of the word troll for me thanks, especially without any apparent reasoning.

And the example you gave is exactly what happened to me just a few weeks back when I took my car in for it's first service. Once I got home and realised they hadn't changed the oil after 11000 miles, I phoned them up and they explained the oil change intervals are 18,000 miles, so when I reach that mileage, drop it in then. Just because some countries do things correctly, and don't get talked into things as easily as you guys in the US do, doesn't mean they don't happen buddy.
And was this part of the free 4-years servicing that comes with a new Renault? Were you going to pay for this oil change service or was it going to be covered by Renault?
Old 01-30-2015, 08:18 AM   #54
Registered Member

My car was ex-demo so came with 2 years free servicing, not 4. What difference does that make? The service manual with the car reads the same thing, as does im assuming every other brand that recommends 18,000+ mile OCI's. If you read my first post, ive already stated that many European manufactures recommend long intervals now, whether it's stated on thier websites, or printed in the service book, it makes little difference.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:54 AM   #55
BDC
Registered Member

LOL... So your dealer didn't change the oil for you because the service interval wasn't up... Nevermind that important detail that they would have been changing it for you on their own dollar.

This is exactly how an American dealership would have treated a customer here.

That's EXACTLY what I am talking about when I say you are misleading and deceptive. You twisted the truth and avoided pertinent details that invalidated your argument. You always do it in a way that makes europeans look superior to north Americans, which is something you've stated you believe here on this very forum.

So basically we've determined we can't trust anything you say. Expect to keep getting called out for it until you quit posting this crap and try to get along without lying or bashing americans.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:28 AM   #56
Registered Member

You might find it entertaining to Google his username. What I'd like to know is just why he says he has been to America something like five times, when he clearly doesn't like America or Americans.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:12 PM   #57
Registered Member

Here come the drama queens swinging their handbags again. So discussing oil changes makes me a Yank bashing Anti-American does it? You ladies really amuse me. Honestly, you don't think you're getting a little carried away? Have you not realised that perhaps its just a few select members of whom pick on me every time I post that I dislike, not "Americans" if you'd have bothered to read any other posts of mine, you'll see I'm a friendly warm welcoming chap that enjoys comparing cars from all over the World. You get what you give with me, I'm nice to you if you're nice to me. Act like grumpy little School children like you are, and I'll happily defend myself.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #58
Registered Member

Final warning- If you guys don't place nice with each other and show some respect, I'm going to close this thread down.

Keep it on topic, and keep the personal attacks to yourself.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:04 AM   #59
Registered Member

Thanks Robert, much appreciated

Old 01-31-2015, 02:58 PM   #60
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollbait View Post
I've heard dealers here just use the cheapest bulk oil that meets manufacturer spec they can get.
About 13 years ago, when I had a local Ford dealer, I used to take my vehicle in there for oil changes; that is until a friend of mine who was working there pointed out that they use US oil for their oil changes, not Motorcraft. Sure enough, looking around in their service department there was a small sign stating that they use US oil products. After that I specified Motorcraft which was another $5 IIRC.