Festivus Unite! HVAC issue with forward vents - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
Registered Member

Festivus Unite! HVAC issue with forward vents

I saw a couple other Festivas on here and wanted to ask a question, see if any one else had the same issue and maybe fixed it.

My HVAC system works fine in almost all regards. I cannot get hot or warm air out of the center/mid level vents (all 4 of them, the whole level). If I set the selectorto that level the fan definately blows air through there, it's just always cold. The other levels work fine, I can select hot or cold or anything in between, so my feet and windshield are warm and my hands are a bit cold. It's not too bad, but it's a pain.

I've looked through the whole system, the mid vents seem like they pull off the same central chamber as the foot vents, so I don't really have any idea.

The intake to the HVAC comes from the passenger side of the cowl, just behind the glove box. Before this had quite a big leak around it, so even with HVAC off and on recirculate I was getting a lot of cold, pressurized air from the cowl all the time and this would trickle through the midlevel vents too. I've fixed this, and now I get no excess cold air and on recirculate I get very little from the forward vents, but there still is a VERY slight air movement or maybe just draft from the forward vents, even when midlevel is off and recirculate is on. Not sure if it's drawing from a seperate source or if it's just getting cold from heat transmission and it's a draft I'm feeling, etc.

Any thoughts?
itjstagame is offline   Reply With Quote