*shrug*

Fix my car, :(

, http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1718485,

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
*shrug*

Update:

Quote:
Made a test light cuz I didn't have one, the thermostat ground, starter ground, and both of the multigrounds are still good. What should I check now?

Old 08-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

Does the ignition stay on, or does the car just not stop? Check for shorts yet?
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #4
*shrug*

The car just doesn't stop. None of the grounds are shorted but I'm waiting on a DMM from my dad to check every wire individually. If it's shorted it'll read X number of ohms, correctomundo?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
The car just doesn't stop. None of the grounds are shorted but I'm waiting on a DMM from my dad to check every wire individually. If it's shorted it'll read X number of ohms, correctomundo?
if you're checking the wires with the ECU wiring, that is correct. You want it to short because that means it's connected.

I would check your distributor wiring first. THe engine turn off by grounding your coil. If it isn't turning off it might be because your dizzy wiring got mixed up.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:44 AM   #6
Registered Member

SVOboy: I sent you a really nice long detailed message, which apparently got lost. Did you get your car working?
Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #7
*shrug*

Oh ****! It must've gotten lost, how odd, lemme check my messages just to make sure. My dad just brought over his DMM, I was waiting to see what was up with you before I went out to test wires.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #8
Registered Member

Ok, on the DVM, you want to use the ohm setting. Set it to the lowest number you can find. When the lead's are not touching, you should read 1___. That stand's for infinite resistance. When you connect the lead's, you should get 000, or very nearly 0, which is essentially a short cicrcuit, like a wire connection. You will need to make a long, 10-15 feet jumper wire, so that you can connect one end under the hood and one end to the black lead on the DVM. Then connect the jumper wire to the wire you are trying to check. You should be able to connect the red wire to the other end under the dash and getting a reading of 0, if it's wired correctly.

Most likely you have 2 wires which got wired incorrectly.

I'd check the black/yellow wire to the ignition coil, since it is supposed to get power from the second connection when you turn the ignition on. It has to be getting power from something else.

I'm at work, at the moment, trying to finish off some thing's before I go on vacation. That's why I gave you my phone number's, so you could call me, if you need to, after I leave work.
Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:56 AM   #9
*shrug*

Yep, I'll work it up myself for a few hours and if I've still not found the dice I'll give you a call. It might be that I mixed up two black/yellows on one of the round plugs. We'll see!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #10
*shrug*

Okay gares, just fired it up again, still not shutting off, but it's not solid cel, it's code 9. That seems like a dizzy code off the top of my head, checking the h-t code list now...