Funny Craigslist posting - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

Funny Craigslist posting

I saw this on my local Craigslist. Looked so great I thought I would post it here.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/393436881.html

For when the link goes dead, this is a 1996 nissan pickup truck (little tiny 4 cylinder model). But the owner cut the frame off from the suspension back and got rid of the bed, also got rid of all body panels/bumper in front of the cab and installed make-shift halogen lights up front.

I would consider buying it, but the front is so messed up I am not sure what I would do. He cut off all the stuff up there so I would have to fabricate something to get the airodynamics up-to-snuff. The rear I could make a nice kamback (or however you spell it) out of though.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Supporting Member

Laws must be different there because I'm sure it'd fail inspection here... or you'd get a few tickets until you got some body panels and bumpers installed. Good candidate for a fiberglass shell.

my favorite thread
88HF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
it might take a little bit of time to make up some fenders, and a hood, but for $500 it could be a fun project, and it's a really new truck, I would think it would be great for someone looking to tow a trailer.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:43 AM   #4
Supporting Member

Fourthbean -

Hey, it's a 1996, so it's Scangauge compliant!

469 area code is Dallas Texas. I wonder what the DMV inspection laws are like in Texas?

I wonder how much it weighs?

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:50 AM   #5
Registered Member

I read through the Texas safety inspection and it does not mention anything about body panels or bumpers. Which seems odd to me, I guess Texas doesn't really care what you have on the road for the most part. Here's a link to what I found for inspections http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/publ...manual/Ch4.htm
Old 08-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #6
Registered Member

That's awesome! I wish it were closer and I had some fiberglass fabrication skills. It's very new and the whole engine bay looks very well maintained and refreshed.
itjstagame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:06 AM   #7
Registered Member

I wonder if I could find anyone to buy it off me when I was fed up with this "thing". I am hesitant as in stock form the crash test ratings were quite poor, and with these modifications I imagine it is worse. It is a 2.4 liter engine, which is about .9 liters more than I would like. And I don't need a truck...

Of course I am lazy anyhow and wouldn't make the 1 hour drive to look at it anyhow so I just need to forget about it.