Hello! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #11
Registered Member

Instead of looking for a car to put a VX engine in, why don't you just find a VX? If you have $2500 to spend, with some diligent searching, you can find one with mileage in the 130k-180k mile range. This will save you the time of having to find an engine, worrying about what goes with what, and have a nicer looking civic than the last body style civic. (No offense to any members that have one.)

smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
$1,200 is a good deal for a car that has a rebuilt engine and a clean solid body, the nice thing about civics is they are extreamly easy to work on, and they don't need that much attention, altho with that many miles suspention bushings might need replacing, so you set aside $200 for that, offer the guy $900 for the car and have it checked over and get it all fixed.
I would then get some lighter rims and tires, and switch to synthetic fluids, and 40-45mpg should be seen, a tranny swap would help if you spend alot of time driving fast.
ye awith modern engines as long as you rering them and hoen the walls their goo d for a logn time after that. BUT a car with 300K miles ball joints start to go out, springs are weak, wheel bearings are prolly shot, brake lines/fuel line start gettin rusty, etc. os while it might seem like a good deal now, could easily be another $1200 in repairs...

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
ye awith modern engines as long as you rering them and hoen the walls their goo d for a logn time after that. BUT a car with 300K miles ball joints start to go out, springs are weak, wheel bearings are prolly shot, brake lines/fuel line start gettin rusty, etc. os while it might seem like a good deal now, could easily be another $1200 in repairs...
Agreed....I have decided to just wait it out and try and find a VX for sale. I'm fortunate that I'm now in a position to do that. Hopefully I won't be waiting too long.....

TAftonomos is offline   Reply With Quote