HELP! Northern California / MPGuino - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #1
Registered Member

Angry HELP! Northern California / MPGuino

Hi everyone!

I'm installing a MPGuino on my 1989 Honda Civic and wonder if there might be something wrong with my new MPGuino computer.

Is there anyone in the Northern California area that can simply swap my unit into your car, so I can see if my MPGuino working properly?

I'm in Oakland, but don't mind driving long distances, because I get GREAT gas mileage.

Thanks, Doug

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Registered Member

What's the problem? I have been using Guino for 2 yrs now and i know how it works.
There isn't anything wrong with your unit most likely. Guino is a guide NOT precise instrument. I'll tell you more if you answer my question.

sebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebass View Post
What's the problem? I have been using Guino for 2 yrs now and i know how it works.
There isn't anything wrong with your unit most likely. Guino is a guide NOT precise instrument. I'll tell you more if you answer my question.
Thanks for the response, Sebass!

I've got power to the MPGuino and can run through all the menus. So I suppose the MPGuino programming is unharmed.

My 70hp, Honda Civic ONLY has one injector. I found the non-hot lead and connected that to the MPGuino.

I am getting fuel consumption info, albeit info that doesn't make sense.

After much investigating, I found the Vehicle Speed Sensor and connected that to the MPGuino, too, of course.

I am NOT getting any vehicle speed info.

To see if it's a problem with my MPGuino or my wiring, I was looking for someone that can tryout my MPGuino in place of theirs. If my MPGuino works fine on their car, then I know my wiring is goofed up. If my MPGuino doesn't work on their car, then that confirms it's a MPGuino issue.

Anything sound familiar that you might have experienced when setting up your MPGuino?

I haven't calibrated my MPGuino yet, BTW.

Thanks,
Doug
Oakland, CA
Old 05-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
Registered Member

Oh i see. Well it's your wiring! lol. I'm pretty sure. I hate to do this but i'm not going to repost so much info so i'm going to post a link to it instead. FYI your winter and summer settings for guino will be way different as guino can not measure coolant/engine temps so your burn rate will vary in winter and summer therefore you will have to have 2-3 USEC settings for guino. You WILL NEED TO CALIBRATE TO YOUR OWN CAR GUINO YOUSELF BASED ON MILAGE AND FUEL BURN. START WITH DISTANCE FIRST. USE MY OR DEFAULT SETTINGS. For me default settings were way off.

VSS is in B connector of your honda.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...-vx-22636.html

Guino settings google your model of Civic but VX i use those. That's my thread btw
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...-vx-25677.html
Old 05-07-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebass View Post
Oh i see. Well it's your wiring! lol. I'm pretty sure. I hate to do this but i'm not going to repost so much info so i'm going to post a link to it instead. FYI your winter and summer settings for guino will be way different as guino can not measure coolant/engine temps so your burn rate will vary in winter and summer therefore you will have to have 2-3 USEC settings for guino. You WILL NEED TO CALIBRATE TO YOUR OWN CAR GUINO YOUSELF BASED ON MILAGE AND FUEL BURN. START WITH DISTANCE FIRST. USE MY OR DEFAULT SETTINGS. For me default settings were way off.

VSS is in B connector of your honda.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...-vx-22636.html

Guino settings google your model of Civic but VX i use those. That's my thread btw
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...-vx-25677.html
HUGE THANKS, Sebass! (he must like to fish) I'll chase your leads. I do appreciate your spending valuable time to help me.

I'll letcha know how it goes. - Doug
Old 05-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
Registered Member

No problem brother. Anytime.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #7
Registered Member

Sebass hates to fish. He's a damn city slicker named Sebastian that lives in Chicago (aka Chiraq). Only us rednecks in Arkansas like to fish!!!!
VX_Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:35 PM   #8
Registered Member

Matt stop hating. Guys don't mind Arky. He hates Mpguino and is trolling here on me as he's incapable of instlling it himself or lacks desire of doing so.
Plesase tell us Matt how you really feel about MPGuino that rules earthlings?!!!! lmao.

Oh and you forgot the rules of the broad. NO TROLLING ALLOWED!!!!

I vote for banning Vx_Arky....hahahahhaha

Just kidding. He's a good guy. lol
Old 05-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #9
Registered Member

I love mpguino Sebass!!!!!

VX_Arky is offline   Reply With Quote