Help Please Civic Hx - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

Help Please Civic Hx

i orginally had a civic HX wire the civic HX wire harness but my car jump timing and bent 2 valves so bascially i had to do a head change to a EX head... everything is good EXCEPT the o2 sensor.

civic HX has a 8 pin, 5 wire o2 sensor while the EX uses and 4 wire o2 sensor. so i got an 4 wire sensor and the wires are 2 black wire, a green wire, and white wire. i knwo the 2 blacks are heater wire, green is ground and white is signal but im trying to connect it to the 5 wire on the hx harness the color codes is different so im trying to find out wire one of the 5 wires dont i use or if i coudl knwo what each wire do i can just hook them up..

i been searching since friday and no luck...

my old L1H1 5 WIRE sensor has a color code of .... blue,yellow,black,grey,white so can someone PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME figure this out my car is running so sluggish and crappy right now and i wasted 35 dollars alone this week so far and its just tuesday .

s2000gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
Registered Member

the green wire will eventually go to D11 (o2 sensor ground) and white goes to D7 (o2 sensor input)

Don't look at the L1H1 wires. Trace the O2 sensor to your factory harness where it plugs in and you will see that the wire colors will basically match up. The only problem I can see is that you will have two white wires. You want to use the white wire in the number 4 position.
GasSavers_grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote