Hoses Help in VX - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hoses Help in VX

There's small hose coming off the charcoal can in my Civic Vx and I don't know where it connects to. I just changed the head gasket and I'm in the process of putting everything back. Plus the water bypass hoses are another hard one because they're all next to each over in the back of the block. Pix and diagrams will help tremendously. Thanks.

revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Here's the water hose routing:

And one of the evap canister:

EDIT: found a better picture of the vac hose routing to the top of the Evap Canister

Kind of hard to tell but there is a drain on the bottom, one larger vac hose on top goes to the breather tube to the tank, then the small vac hose to the purge solenoid located on the rear of the intake manifold near the brake booster, the other larger vac hose (usually covered by a woven material) goes to the large port on the top of the throttle body.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks TomO! Excellent diagrams and that helped. Last thing to do is put back the spark plugs wires back on the dizzy. Would you have a diagram of that?
Old 04-24-2009, 06:35 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO

Same firing order as the Z6

Quote:
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks again TomO! I've had my Vx for five years now. Served me well but I hope the head gasket change will the do the trick. I had the head leaked tested and decked. The bottom end is still great with no signs of burning oil whatsoever. I haven't added any engine mods yet like header, ram intake, exhaust but was wondering if adding these would increase mileage. If so what parts should I get?
Old 04-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
Registered Member

you're welcome for the help.

I can say that adding an aftermarket header and exhaust won't hurt your FE, as well as adding an aftermarket intake won't, but it doesn't help either...if it ain't broke, don't fix it is a great Mantra to follow with a VX.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
Registered Member

I finally connected all the hoses and reattached the dizzy and cords. I fired it up and idel was kinda high around 2000 rpms and then after pressing the accelerator, it had an erratic idle from 1000 to 1500 rpms. The motor sounded like some metal parts are rubbing. I can exhuast fumes coming out of the exhaust manifold. Turned it off and called it the day. Any insights appreciated before I go to the mechanic.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Registered Member

After doing some searching about erratic idle, I cleaned the MAP sensor. I started the car again and low and behold the timing belt broke. I made sure the cam gear was in the up position since that's the last position I took it off.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #9
Registered Member

Bummer! hopefully no valves bent when the belt broke.

Quote: