Hydrogen Booster Installed ... - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #51
Registered Member

http://www.whnt.com/global/video/fla...fo&rnd=9581808

Old 06-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #52
Registered Member

Update?

Old 06-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #53
Registered Member

The video is unavailable?

I would love to see a HHO generator that doubled this guys mileage, I have yet to make a decent one in the house let alone the car.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #54
Registered Member

a little shock

I had a little bit of a shock this morning....fired up my vehicle with the Fuel cell off...(have a kill switch over and above key on). I heard crank, crank, boom! lol! There must have been a hidden hydrogen bubble somewhere in the engine. Blows my mind since the car was off for 10 hours. It sounded like just a bubble or two....I've heard a few bubbles lite off and recognized the sound. I turned it off and it cranked back up immediately. No harm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWorks View Post
The video is unavailable?

I would love to see a HHO generator that doubled this guys mileage, I have yet to make a decent one in the house let alone the car.
cugir321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #55
Registered Member

I've been thinking about that. All the more important to put a bubbler right next to where the intake feeds. I'm thinking it was the gas left in the line from when you turned it off.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #56
Registered Member

I read that its the steam or water vapour from HHO that turns into super heated steam in the chamber which gives more torque? any truth to that?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #57
Registered Member

Steam can also allow steam reformation or hydrocracking of some of the gasoline components before they burn also.

Someone made a point above that it's the thermal inefficiency of the engine we're fighting... yes and part of that is the thermal inefficiency of how gasoline burns, it makes a lot of heat and expands relatively poorly. Any way we can alter the input to generate pressure rather than heat is good. Still there are failings in the mechanics of the IC engine that will limit ultimate efficiency, but there's a good margin for improvement.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #58
Registered Member

bubbler

I have a bubbler. Actually there's a small hose that connects the hard plastic ccv tube to the filterbox and the ccv valve. It split them both...had to replace them. Not a big deal...took 5 minutes. It is amazing that a little of the gas stayed in the line for 8-10 hours. It wasn't much. I now try to turn of the unit about 100 yards before I stop the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadancer@bellsouth.net View Post
I've been thinking about that. All the more important to put a bubbler right next to where the intake feeds. I'm thinking it was the gas left in the line from when you turned it off.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #59
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Man View Post
One of my local news stations just ran a story on a man in the Charlotte, NC area last week that had put a HHO generator on his Honda and boosted MPG from around 35 to around 70. This man was a retired mechanical engineer.
Finding it very hard to find any sign of this story.

Being in Charlotte I would love to track it down
Old 06-11-2008, 03:32 AM   #60
Registered Member

hydro

The local station in west palm beach, fl added a unit to one of their trucks. They tested it and said they got 12 or so normally....went to 16.87 city. My question is....did the company that installed it add an EFIE. There's more to it then just adding hydro and getting better milege. I don't completely trust the installers yet. They could lean out the engine and you'd not know it until you burn't it up. I run hydrogen so I want it to work!!! I'd like to see the inside of an engine after a lean setup and a hydrogen cell install. About 6 months later.

My oil pressure went up 10 lbs....that seems good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeventura View Post
Finding it very hard to find any sign of this story.

Being in Charlotte I would love to track it down