installed a vx into my 94 dx need help with 5 wire 02 pin out - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #11
Registered Member

i have the o2 sensor. i just went to my parts shed at my parents and cut the plug from the distributer harness since its the same. now i just have to read and read that diagram to get it right.

hondafreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Ok cool, I was just wondering since I have a plug to connect to to the O2 that has about 6 or so feet of wire on it already as well as it's shielded (the signal wires need to be shielded to keep out interference).

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #13
Registered Member

ok so i matched up the wires to my book and one of them say to plug into the vtec spot on d14. and two of the other wires says to plug in where some other sensors are. i think im just gonna leave the p72 ecu in and fixed the revving up and down at idle. im worried that it might screw up something if i wire it up wrong. and i dont have the money to fix anything.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:19 AM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
The ECU pinouts on the P07 are different than other Honda ECUs.
That PDF I linked you to is right out of the Factory Service Manual so the wiring is correct in it.

Here is the picture from the back of the book:
L1H1 Pinout you'll want to use the "Except California" side.

Quote:
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #15
Registered Member

thats a better picture. Ok im not disagreeing with you but its saying the white wire goes to d14 witch is where the vtec wire is. do i run them together that just dont make sense. so tell me this the way i learned to read the pins is left to right on top and left to right on bottom being 1-11 is on top and 12-22 is on bottom. i've done alot of ecu re-wire jobs like dpfi to mpfi, and lots of vtec jobs, and a few other things. but never a o2 hook-up. so i just want to get this right.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #16
Registered Member

This is a good picture of how to read the pinout on the ECU.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #17
Registered Member

ok i will go by that then i thought they went the other way. but i gotta wait til wed. next week to do it my dad is gonna bring me home a 7 wire shielded cable. so it will be done right
Old 05-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #18
Registered Member

ok cool i will go buy that. its what my book says but some how i learned they read from left to right. but any way im gonna go by how u say since you've done this before. i gotta wait til wed. next week when my dad can bring me home a shielded 7 wire cable. which will make it nice and easy to hook up and look good. thanks for all your help bro. sorry if i bugged u to much but i just dont want to fry anything.