It didn't just do it once, but no it had to do another one. (RANT) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

ago there was a power steering leak. One of the hoses got loose. So I tightened the hose back up. Problem solved. Today I was changing the oil and saw a good amount of red fluid. I looked around and the inner tie rod boot was ripped. The really bad

Like a month ago there was a power steering leak. One of the hoses got loose. So I tightened the hose back up. Problem solved. Today I was changing the oil and saw a good amount of red fluid. I looked around and the inner tie rod boot was ripped. The really bad part is you have to take so much apart just to replace it. Dealer wanted $300 just for the work. The part is like $12.

Dealer suggested if I don't want to fix it I should just keep adding fluid. Fluid is cheap, it's 2.74 per bottle. The rip is not that bad. But it could get worse!!

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
that sucks. how did it

that sucks. how did it tear? years of auto x use? or just age?

it shouldnt be that hard to do yourself.... i mean im no nissan expert but with hondas its pretty easy...

Old 04-02-2006, 08:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

It's nissan, anything rubber

It's nissan, anything rubber sucks on it. There are a lot of rubber stuff ripped on it, but this rubber is more important because it's a boot.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote