JDM VTEC-E engine+ into CX, still not happening! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

JDM VTEC-E engine+ into CX, still not happening!

Well it's been a year and half, 3 "Honda experts", and tons of internet research, and the engine light still goes on in around 40 seconds and it goes on to default gas guzzling! I've got the PO7 ECU, EGR valve, original VX exhaust manifold with cat. and a sensor coming out of the right side of the heat shield below the cat. that has a braided wire coming out into a plastic, one round plug, connector (this is not hooked up as I was told this was just Japan specific sensor), a brand new 5 wire sensor, I do not have the correct plugs because it isn't going into lean burn anyway and they cost 4 times the price. I do not have the purge solenoid, (EGR control box), that connects to the EGR valve and is mounted in the middle of the firewall (is this part crucial?). Please if any of you know about the extra exhaust sensor and purge solenoid tell me where they should be hooked up in the ECU, thanks. The engine and all the VX parts were bought from Japanese Domestic Product, (JDM), places in Toronto, Canada.

Lusting for Lean-burn!

briogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Registered Member

Pull the code and see what the code is. It is probably either the 02 wired wrong or the erg not being wired in or both. See what the car says. You pit a paper clip into the jumper plug pass side. Under dash count the check engine light flashes. Report back. Yes you need the correct 5 wire 02 and the egr to have no check engine and lean burn with a p07 ecu.

Rusty94cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Registered Member

The code is LAF code 48. Is the EGR purge solenoid crucial?
briogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Registered Member

Then you need a 02 or the wiring isn't correct or ecu is bad. Honda Hookups has the FSM there is a fault tracing diagram. If that's the code then start there. Also check all your grounds. Take apart clean and clean some more. If you can't find it Pm me and I can possibly send it to you.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:16 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to kamesama980 Send a message via Yahoo to kamesama980
I don't know for sure but if it can't find the EGR controls, it's not going to run right. Lean burn makes a ton of NOx, EGRs main thing is reduction of NOx as well as introducing some not so fresh air to lower intake vacuum at low loads (like lean burn cruise) Just in general, ECUs that can detect a lack of any major emissions part (EGR, O2 sensors, water temp, etc) will default to a failsafe mode that runs safely rich...bad for FE but you won't melt a piston, valve, or cat because you can't tell what's going on.
mechanic, carpenter, stagehand, rigger, and know-it-all smartass
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
kamesama980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
Registered Member

You can use the accord egr controller it will work with a little mods.