Looking for Insight wheel numbers - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
Looking for Insight wheel numbers

I haven't had any luck at all finding any numbers on the Honda Insight wheels, I'm looking for bolt pattern, and weight, and a photo of the back side would be nice, doesn't anyone on here have an Insight? care to pop a wheel off, and mesure the bolt spacing?
I asked a dealer who clames to be the biggest dealer of hybrids in the US, and they said they would get back to me, and nothing has happened yet.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #2
Driving on E

You might want to head over to insightcentral.com and ask those fellows. I'm sure someone can help.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
Registered Member

Insight wheels are 4x100 and weigh about 11 lbs, also the front brake rotors are the same as 88-91 HF's and the rear drums are the same as the aluminum 1st gen HF's.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I was told that the insight rear drums are narrower then the civic and crx rear drums, but that they will still work, you just have a gap around the outer lip.

Thanks for the info in the bolt pattern, and weight, I kept looking at those rims on the insight, and on the civic hybrid, and drooling, alloy semi-disk wheels, and I figured they might be light weight, being on an insight and all, but you can't tell just by looking at them, they just look extreamly aerodinamic, and that seems like a good thing in a wheel.

so that's next on my list, next time I have an extra $600 to spend on car stuff, buy a set of Honda Insight rims from a junk yard, and a matching set of tires, and put them on my VX.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote