Matt's n600 rebuild project log - Page 19 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #181
Registered Member

Start with an inspection and repair if necessary of suspension and brakes. No sense making the car go if you can't make it go the direction you want or if you can't stop it.

Get the Haynes manual for the car if you can find one. The factory shop manual would also be good. Get both if possible. The Haynes manual will give you a list of tools you will need. Also trouble-shooting info.

The cars are really simple (2 cylinder, air cooled) so they should be easy to rebuild. Finding parts will probably be your biggest challenge.

If any of your friends are good with cars, be sure to pick their brains when you run into snags.

Keep a bucket of soapy water and an old towel on hand for cleaning hands and other things.

Finally, look out for friends who will come along, pick up your car and relocate it for you. I had a girlfriend years ago who had one of these cars, and that happened to her regularly.

Have fun!

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #182
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice JoeBob . I am excited about this. I got he Shop Manual, I need the Haynes now. If you think of anything else, let me know, I do appreciate your time and advice.

Funk Ambassador

FunkAmbassador is offline   Reply With Quote