My 88 crx-z1 project - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-22-2007, 07:49 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pyramid_head
i don't have a digi-cam on me (i broke the last one i owned), and if i take a pic with my cell, it'll come out without any detail, so bear with me until i get enough time to buy a good digi-cam.

it's basically nasty (it needs to be washed). it needs a lot of TLC.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #22
Registered Member

Can that FD be installed in a 92-95 CX tranny easily? I mean will I need to buy a complete rebuild kit..... I knoe the CX 3.25 is pretty good but just a thought while I have the tranny out and am cleaning it up....

kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #23
*shrug*

You can't mix and match EF and EG/EK FDs.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #24
Registered Member

I decided to entirely strip the car and rebuild it from the ground, to the tip of the roof as i darn please (take that wife... lol). Since i'm going to keep this car until the world's oil runs out, i might as well strip it and restore it with usable parts it has, and the new parts it needs. Today, i finally took out the Si transmission and most of the wiring. I'm also planning on ordering the engine real soon, but i need vx parts that surround the engine such as the vacuum/ emission systems. they are very hard to find here in L.A. since most ricers throw them away instead of selling or junking them. If anyone has info on where i can get vx parts (besides craigslist or ebay), or if you have parts, post me a message.

Matt or anyone that has done this swap: i need a list on what i need before i get the engine.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #25
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Do you have a VX ECU yet?

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:56 PM   #26
Registered Member

yup. out of state with the lean-burn command
Old 05-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #27
Registered Member

I finally found a website that sells Honda auto parts and accessories for a fraction of the price that OEM Honda sells them (or so they say it's a fraction). The site is www.Hondapartsdeals.com . This is where i found my 2.954 final driven gear, but it was more expensive than my CA HF tranny. I bought it anyways and it's on its way. I hope this website can help some people out in need of parts.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #28
Registered Member

Heheh... Thought I have given up on this project? LOL.... Guess again! . I really haven't updated anything yet, but i have bought some parts.

I know i might regret it later, but i bought some used H&R race springs which drop my car 2.25" in the front, 2" in the back. They were all retested for their compression and they checked out fine. I bought the set for $25 since the guy just wanted to part out his recovered 88 rex. I also bought off some koni yellows (adjustable struts) from the same guy almost brand spanking new for $170. I just couldn't pass the deal! I had to have them!

I also bought a E.S. master bushing set for $50, but i still need to buy oem rubber rear trailing arm bushings.

The next big thing (i keep telling myself) is opening up the tranny, swapping out the FD gear, buy the D15Z1 (from sucky *** nippon-motors), and begin installing it.

I still have no luck finding the vacuum system for this engine. I know it's not included with the engine, so i might have to go to a scavenger hunt sometime this December. Vx parts are hard to find

Also, my 88 crx si came with power steering, but i don't want to run it on this car. Will i have to swap out the rack and pinion to a non-power steering set, or can i just simply keep mine?
Old 12-01-2007, 01:14 PM   #29
Registered Member

Sounds like some good progress.

There's a guy on honda-tech 92_vx_eg who is selling the EGR box for pretty cheap as well as a few other VX parts. He's slow to get back to PMs, but he should reply eventually. I was going to buy a set of VX wheels from him, but I ended up finding some closer.

Good luck with everything!

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #30
Registered Member

Check out this thread on Team-Integra.net. It's a long thread and yes it is about an Integra auto to manual swap, but he goes into detail on how to rebuild an integra's manual transmission. Might give you some insight into how to swap your FD gear.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/di...TopicID=217924

mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote