My engine is slowly giving up the ghost. - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2006, 09:03 AM   #31
Registered Member

Re: Off Topic -- Damn kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
Damn kids! No respect for the elders. Sorry, but my wife's a high school teacher, and this year the students are downright disrespectful. OK, I'm done ranting...

RH77
What grade level / subject? I have immense respect for teachers - I would never want that job.
High School History (After 1877) and "Modern Social Issues" -- mostly Juniors. I truly respect her for her job. I could never do it. For the most part, it's thankless and underpaid. Because the school "***"ministration would only allow 3 teachers/admins to go (4 were required by the museum), I volunteered to chapparone a field trip to the Liberty Memorial here in KC 2 days this week since I was in town (basically a WW1 peace memorial, museum, and tower). For the most part they were well-behaved, but some were just downright rude. I understand, it was a boring subject for me when I was their age, but I'm into it now -- History Channel addict and everything.

Thanks Dax for the inquiry, I'm quite proud of her gumption to stick with it and by trying to make it interesting and "real".

RH77

Old 02-10-2006, 09:19 AM   #32

Quote:
History Channel addict and everything.
I, too!

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
Quote:
History Channel addict and everything.
I, too!
Same here. They got an interesting way of showing history. I love Modern Marvels.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #34
Registered Member

Modern Marvels

Modern Marvels is my absolute favorite show. I load-up the DVR with MMs when I'm out of town, but they never get old I watch them back to back -- even the re-runs. Mythbusters is another fav (Discovery Channel, of course).

RH77
Old 02-11-2006, 04:19 AM   #35
FE nut

Re: Modern Marvels

Quote:
Modern Marvels is my absolute favorite show. I load-up the DVR with MMs when I'm out of town, but they never get old I watch them back to back -- even the re-runs. Mythbusters is another fav (Discovery Channel, of course).

RH77
I watch those too. There are also some pretty good shows on National Geographic. I think it's called Explorer. I also kind of like How It's Made and Beyond Tomorrow.(Science Channel)

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:58 AM   #36
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
cable

Must be nice to have cable TV . . . They just installed it in my building on Friday after trying to get it here for 5 years.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:02 AM   #37
*shrug*

Cable TV = sucks That and

Cable TV = sucks

That and cell phones are things I have committed to never own or rent or whatev in my life.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:21 AM   #38
Registered Member

Re: Cable TV = sucksThat and

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Cable TV = sucks

That and cell phones are things I have committed to never own or rent or whatev in my life.
Now that's a pretty powerful statement. I got along without a TV for a couple of years during College. Actually, my brother doesn't even own a TV -- he and his wife read and listen to NPR for news. For me, I subscribe to the classic American TV addictions, but still turn on NPR on weekdays.

Now for the Cell phone. I too had the same goal, but my job requires that I answer urgent medical questions immediately, so it's required. Since I'm contracting, the phone is mine, and I use it to call home when I'm out of town because of free nights/weekends. In addition, when the wife needs to get a hold me for some reason I have it (it took a while to get used to carrying with me after-hours).

RH77
Old 02-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #39
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Newport TV

Newport broadcast TV is a bit marginal because they don't like sending the signal out over the water where there are no TVs to pick it up. Back in Tiverton on the high hill we pick up 30 stations or more with rabbit ears. Regular TV has too many commercials like 12 in a row!

The Cell phone issue sounds like you need to get a good one like my Sony Ericsson T68i which has a 12 hours talk time and 240 hour standby with a new battery - it also has really low radiation low power output so you don't fry your brain cells or DNA. Reception is outstanding where I even get signal in the basement here where conventional cells don't get signal on the first floor. I have to gets my calls whereever I am - when people's computers go down they NEED an answer right away. It was great when the Geo bit the dust also. A couple of people actually stopped by but not the cop that drove by in front of me and they all asked if I had a cell phone.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #40
Registered Member

Cell phones are great. I

Cell phones are great. I didn't have a cell phone and whenever I needed to call someone I couldn't. I got a cell phone in 04' it was basic and it was all I needed. But last year there was an unbelieavable deal on a cell phone and I got it super cheap.

It has 2 e-mail accounts, one of them is my service provider so I don't have to go to my computer to check e-mail. It has all the Instant messengers I want. It has all the games I want. It has all the power saving features I want, it has the alarm clock and calender features I want. It also has a built in mp3 player where I can listen for hours. It has a special airplane mode where I can use the phone on an airplane, so I can listen to music and play games and do other stuff. It has a Blooth tooth. It has speakers so I can listen to music outload or on headphones. It has internet, camera, and video camera.

The phone was $100. Not to mention it has reception everywhere!

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote