New ScanGaugeII and upgrading Old II - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
New ScanGaugeII and upgrading Old II

Hey anyone sending in their SGII for software/hardware upgrades?? I hear the new II can have other info displayed on the 4 up data screen including trip MPG.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
Hey anyone sending in their SGII for software/hardware upgrades?? I hear the new II can have other info displayed on the 4 up data screen including trip MPG.
It's a little steeply priced for me.... I'm personally waiting for data logging to become available

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Hateful
I thought the upgrade was for the scangauge to equate what scangaugeII does right out of the box.
Hateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
Registered Member

I am with trebuchet03 on this one... except that I don't even own the device yet. I will be getting it sometime mid-next year. Here's to hoping that they get computer data logging working by then.
Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
FE nut

Quote:
I got mine upgraded a couple of weeks ago. You can now display any of the trip functions(current, daily, tank, time, distance, etc.)on the same screen as the other gauges. On the SG site there are some codes for monitoring fuel trim of some vehicles. They seem to be adding new codes regularly.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Link to Scangauge:
http://www.scangauge.com/support/upgrade.shtml

Gives info on updates. Updates for SG II cost $25 unless bought recently. Updates not available for SG I. SG X updates free.

I downloaded the SG Manual for SG X, their newest model. Gives quite a lot of info for the newer features and how to use them.

Also gives info for inputting and using Commands and Command Codes. Also lists some command identification and code numbers. As soon as I have time, I will try inputting commands into my SG II using the directions provided in the SG X user manual. There were no concise information contained in the SG II manual. I will attempt to make improvements in my SG II without returning it to Linear Logic.

If anyone beats me to this, please inform of your experiences.
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:29 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
It's a little steeply priced for me.... I'm personally waiting for data logging to become available
Mine was a week out of the free upgrade window and for how long and how much they wanted for a reflash I passed on the upgrade. A simple reflash should be something a user could do...

Things I'd like to see are my fuel trims, o2's and such, and all on a bit bigger screen.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
Registered Member

I sent my Scangauge II out last monday afternoon via USPS and got it back a week later on a Monday Morning all done - it arrived before they could email me the upgrade status. Who says snail mail is slow? Now if only I had my xB back from the body shop to plug it into it. . . Late Wednesday is what they are saying today.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
Registered Member

The ScangaugeII software upgrade to 3.17 version software is really great and with the extra resolution of the added digit on the fuel usage the mileage calculations are a lot more accurate. Tweeked the cutoff a little tighter and programmed in an xgauge for average mpg which is really sweet!!!
First trip back from the Dealer body shop after picking up my xB got me 54mpg and the idle is actually 0.12gph and now I can actually see it dropping down in 0.01 increments as the engine warms up. Should have done the software upgrade a long time ago!