New VX owner. Embarrassing question. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
Registered Member

Re: New VX owner. Embarrassing question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious_eg View Post
it is offset to the driver's side slightly...
This is really helpful. Thanks.

imawakenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #12
Registered Member

Forgot to mention the very front jack point is the one that is offset towards the driver's side - the rear one is in the middle just as pictured...

notorious_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious_eg View Post
Forgot to mention the very front jack point is the one that is offset towards the driver's side - the rear one is in the middle just as pictured...
Wow. It's REALLY off toward the driver's side. Enough so that the chassis of the car twists a good bit when lifting from that point. Scary.

So I guess I have to invest in that full hydraulic lift now ...
Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
Registered Member

I always place my jack under the front tow hooks and a jack stand under each point by the doors. If the tow hooks are bent invest in some new ones.
jmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
Registered Member

Did not realize jacking up a car could be so confusing. I usually jack up my car from underneath some-were between the wheels on that lippy thing, and I also throw a old tire, or a hay bale underneath the car...... You can never be too careful
GR8MPGcrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaze View Post
I always place my jack under the front tow hooks and a jack stand under each point by the doors. If the tow hooks are bent invest in some new ones.
Haven't stopped by here in a while. I did pull off both rear trailing arms, swapped out RTA bushings, and rebuilt the drum brakes on each side. Exciting stuff! Now I just have to take off the integra front knuckles that are on the car and put on Civic ones so I can fit my 13" rims on there.

And that will require jacking up the front. The tow hooks is a good idea, thanks for that, but as far as jacking up both sides do you do one at a time or what? BTW I put my jack stands where you do and have never had a problem with that.

Again, the reason I'm asking about this is because there's no CENTRAL jack point in the front and the metal beam under the radiator seems a bit flimsy. Also don't want to crack the plastic under the bumper or have to remove it just to jack up front of the car.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaze View Post
OK, finally got it. Lift from a tow hook, place jack behind wheel, repeat on t'other side. Duh.

The VX is the first Honda I've seen without an obvious jack point front and center. Threw me for a loop.