Pic of steering - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
humm

This could be why your mileage is so low . . . check the alignment of the toe in on the front wheels and the rear for that matter. Get a plastic straw or a laser and mount it on a board to rest on the front and back edges of the rim and site the line to some distant object and see if the front tires intersect at about 500 to 1000 feet indicating a degree or so of toe in - if they toe out then that would be the problem. My rear wheels were out of alignment from the factory a lot and wore the tires bad on my Geo.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:47 AM   #12
Registered Member

An alignment was done not

An alignment was done not too long ago. There is just too many problems with the damn car. The pulsating gets worse as speeds go up and yes the car comes to a complete stop really weird like it's dragging and letting go off the brakes at the same time.

And the damn transmission is loose. It has to rev higher before it shifts. Before it shifted at like 1500-1600, now it shifts 1700-2000.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:13 AM   #13
Registered Member

sounds like classic rotor

sounds like classic rotor warp to me.

my accord was very bad that way; i had to have them machined at least once a year.

my driving style also contributes greatly to ongoing rotor problems: i tend to brake very little, or very gently, with the result that normal corrosion on the rotors doesn't get scrubbed off as well as it would by a "normal" driver.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
brakes

Yeah my Geo had all rust on the rotor - I had to grind it off with a dremel tool while running the motor in gear with the wheel off the ground - no metal showing only rust. That was 2 weeks before the chassis let go - looked at the rust in the frame but didn't think it could possibly rust out like it did.

Yup sounds like you need to take a grinder to the rotor like I did but use a bigger one than a dremel tool. My brakes worked great after I ground off the rust - ripped the a-arm right off the chassis!! HA! If you can find a shop that grinds rotors right on the car that would be best so that it eliminates the chance that is not held properly when turned.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #15
*shrug*

I dunno about everyone else,

I dunno about everyone else, but rotors for my car are only 12 bucks at autozone. I need to pick up a set since I'm developing uneven deposits also.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #16
Registered Member

I really don't want to spend

I really don't want to spend anymore money on it. It's nothing but a money pit. Last year I had to buy new tires because a dog jumped in front of the car and I braked and flat spotted my tires. Also gas is freaking expensive. I sometimes find myself spending $120-175 a month on gas.

Matt had a great suggestion, just wreck it.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote