porsche with a diesel engine?? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

porsche with a diesel engine??

Porsche is tipped to take a radical decision and offer its first diesel engine.

Reports this week suggest that an Audi-sourced V6 will be fitted in the Cayenne, improving its fuel consumption to a marginally more respectable 23mpg. This engine will be available from March 2009.

Porsche boss Wendelin Wiedeking has indicated in the past that Porsche was prepared to consider a diesel, and upcoming European - and North American - legislation to bring down average fuel economy and carbon dioxide emissions across its range has made this a necessity.

It is, point out pundits, cheaper and quicker for Porsche to source a diesel from Volkswagen-Audi than to bring a hybrid to market. The Cayenne hybrid is still a long way off, however.

The engine is thought to be based on the current 3.0 V6 Audi offers, but enlarged to 3.2-litres and with power boosted to around 300bhp.

wendywindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #2

A diesel porsche is like kissing your sister. A Porsche SUV is like sleeping with your sister. Combine the two and you get the picture.

dieselbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:57 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Isn't the Cayenne built on the Toureg platform? The Toureg diesel supposedly kicks more butt than Chuck Norris.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:59 AM   #4
Registered Member

i read an article recently claiming the afore mentioned Audi diesel engine(i believe) put in a sports car making it the first production diesel sports car. any truth to that?

the interesting thing is, the article also claimed it to be faster AND more efficient than its gasoline counterpart. i'd like to see this tested and confirmed!

again, i'm not certain(sorry), but i thought it claimed 40MPG, hwy presumably.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote