Possible VX problem.. - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-28-2006, 08:25 PM   #21
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Use www.honda-tech.com to find a pinout for the p07 (your ecu) and find the signal wire for the 02. Then tap that for the DVM.
krousdb told me which pins to attach the DMM to in order to test the Civic VX. It's in a post here somewhere...

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:27 PM   #22
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
a Haynes manual will proove to be invaulable for all sorts of truble shooting and testing, and what that book does not cover, the factory shop manual covers, o2 sensor testing is better covered in the Haynes manual.

At some point I should have my copy of the factory shop manual edited in to chaptors, and posted for everyone to look at, as it is, it's a 35minute down load with a fast connection.
and I tried scaning in a page from my haynes manual, and couldn't get it to work, then I realised that as an owner of a car that the younger people at the dealer are going to tell you they "don't work on anything that old" (ask for the old crusty guy) you really need to spend $20 on your very own copy of a haynes manual.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:04 PM   #23
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickF829
the PCV i pulled out was blue and looked to be replaced somewhat recently. should i goto honda and get a different one?
You don't really need to. I didn't notice any drop in FE having a regular PCV valve in mine after I swapped it.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:10 AM   #24

I do 1/3 can of seafoam in the crank case, 1/3 can in a very low tank of gas, and 1/3 can sucked up through the brake booster, then drive hard and change the oil in a few days.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:51 PM   #25
XFi
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
I wondered that too. I remember Dan (krousdb) describing it kicking in, and if I'm not mistaken, he described it as a noticable loss of power, and that he had to respond by pushing the accelerator more to maintain speed.
The VX does the same thing to me. Very noticable sometimes too. May be hunting down a problem that isn't there, just characteristic of the vehicle. Lean Burn Lag

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #26
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Well, there is a certain amount of lean burn lag. That would best be determined by hooking up the DVM to watch the O2. But I know for sure that having the colder spark plugs in the VX causes more power lose than just lean-burn lag alone.

Quote:
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #27
Registered Member

Ok add me to the list too. Mine does the exact same thing. Now that I hear everyone else's is doing the same think I am begining to think it is normal. Some where on here I have listed everything I have done to fix it all to no avail it still does it.

Just a side note I think that seafoam kills iffy o2 sensors. It killed mine and I saw on Honda Tech a few others that had the same thing happen. I have my old one to put back in if I even want to seafoam it again just in case.

Good luck with it. If you figure it out please let us all know.

https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452824

GasSavers_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:27 AM   #28
Registered Member

As other have stated in this thread, it sounds like lean burn kicking in and out. YOu should be able to hold lean burn up to 75 MPH. If you are driving faster than that, the activity you are explaining would be normal. In that case, it will go away of you slow down.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:38 AM   #29
Registered Member

so what causes the lean burn to kick in? because it will do it at speeds as low as 20mph upto 70(i dont drive faster then that). It just seems as if it does it when im just cruising down a flat road, it certainly is much better then before now that ive tuned it up but it still feels unnatural, at least for now.
GasSavers_NickF829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:02 AM   #30
Registered Member

I'm sure someone can chime in with a better response than me. In my VX I notice the Lean burn happening at a steady speed (for me anywhere between 55-65MPH) and after I've maintained that speed for at least 30 seconds. LBL (lean-burn lag {hmm, maybe a new acronym to add to the glossary?}) can still be felt by the driver of a VX and maybe a passenger if they pay attention enough. It usually takes about 3/4 of a second for it to disappear once you press the accelerator down.

Quote: