Power loss while cruising in Saturn - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-09-2007, 11:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

Power loss while cruising in Saturn

On one of the first days of driving my car I noticed that while cruising at 55 I would lose power for a second or two and then it would come right back. I watched the tach the next time it happened to make sure it wasn't the clutch giving out. The tach was stable the next time so I started paying attention to the engine.

This morning it did it a few times and I think that it is driving with almost no load at 55 that kicks it off. It's almost as if the fuel injectors can't squirt a small enough portion of gas so they miss and the engine loses power, if I give it a little more pedal the car comes back to life.

I am going to grab some fuel injector cleaner to see if that helps any, I have seen some threads about sea foam also. Would that do the same thing? My oil change light came on so I could put some in my oil also and clean that out while I am at it.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Clogged fuel filter not getting enough pressure to the injectors?

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hmm, didn't think about a fuel filter. But doesn't the electronic fuel pump always keep the same amount of pressure on the system? If that is the case I would think this would be a problem under acceleration from not enough fuel rather than under extremely light loads as it is.

I will look for the fuel filter anyway though, as I am quite sure it hasn't been replaced before and now is as good a time as any.