Question about painting my rims - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #11
Driving on E

Re: What're you doing to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
What're you doing to the dizzy to shut it off?

Anyway, I decided I don't want to drive my car fully stripped. No a/c is fine but I like to listen to something to keep my from going crazy and have some interior (putting the front back in so people feel safe driving with me again). The rest sounds great, need to make matt find me some aluminum drums,
He's talking about putting a switch to the coil. Cut power to the coil and the engine shuts off.

Oh, and I have a set of aluminum drums. There are actually 2 more sets at the junkyard but they won't budge.

The set I have is yours for the same price as everyone else. First come, first serve.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:31 AM   #12
*shrug*

Yeah, that's true, but I

Yeah, that's true, but I ain't got 80 for some aluminum drums, y0.

I didn't think of cutting power to the coil, makes sense, hmm.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:59 AM   #13
Registered Member

Yup, thats how i did it,

Yup, thats how i did it, just cut power to the coil. But the fuel pump issue foiled me. No fuel pressure until I ign off then on again. Did Dr Disco have a workaround?

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:58 AM   #14
Driving on E

Re: Yup, thats how i did it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Yup, thats how i did it, just cut power to the coil. But the fuel pump issue foiled me. No fuel pressure until I ign off then on again. Did Dr Disco have a workaround?
How about a fuel prime button next to the start button?
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Whats the point of cutting the power to the coil??? You may not get iginition, but the ecu could still inject fuel. Instead, why not cut power to the injectors? There is single wire you could "cut" to disable them all.

Also, on the rims... are they VX or HX or anything that not stell??? If so, forget about paint... just polish... looks good (IMHO) and its lighter.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:18 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunger
Whats the point of cutting the power to the coil??? You may not get iginition, but the ecu could still inject fuel. Instead, why not cut power to the injectors? There is single wire you could "cut" to disable them all.
Cutting power to the coil worked fine. It stopped the fuel flow because according to the manuals OBD1 training manuals that Dax sent me, the fuel pump turns off as soon as the ecu senses that the engine has stopped. You cannot restart the engine unless you ign off and then back on again.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Cutting power to the coil worked fine. It stopped the fuel flow because according to the manuals OBD1 training manuals that Dax sent me, the fuel pump turns off as soon as the ecu senses that the engine has stopped. You cannot restart the engine unless you ign off and then back on again.
Where are you cutting power to the coil? Yes the ECU will cut power to the fuel pump when it see the engine is no longer turning, but I'm not sure how cutting power to the coil would do so.

I've never tested this, but in theory, you should be able to unbolt the dizzy, turn it by hand and if the key is in the ON position, it should send signal to the spark plugs and injectors. On OBD2, there is a crank pickup, so it may not work on anything newer than 95. Huh... I should try that for fun =)
Old 04-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Have you read all those manuals? Aren't they great reading?
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #19
*shrug*

Polishing I don't like

Polishing I don't like really, I want to get them darker to make the car look "meaner." Anyway, haven't talked to disco yet, trying to get a hold of him and see what he knows. I have been doing the restart a bit sine I got my button in, the whole not power brakes **** is scary as hell though, but I guess it'll feel better once I solve my generic braking problem.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:46 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
Have you read all those manuals? Aren't they great reading?
Seriously, I read every word the next day. Great stuff! Thanks again.