Question: Higher idle after spark plug replacement - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2008, 09:03 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to suspendedhatch
Those Bosch plugs are junk and will give you nothing but problems with a Toyota. Toyota's are known to be picky about spark plugs. I suggest getting the regular old NGK plugs or factory Denso.

Check ignition timing and reset the ECU. Make sure your throttle cable isn't binding.

Civic VX, D15Z7, 5 Speed LSD, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO, AEM Twin Fire, Distributor-less, Waste Spark
suspendedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #22
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspendedhatch View Post
Those Bosch plugs are junk and will give you nothing but problems with a Toyota. Toyota's are known to be picky about spark plugs. I suggest getting the regular old NGK plugs or factory Denso.

Check ignition timing and reset the ECU. Make sure your throttle cable isn't binding.
Got any proof of that? Links? I've run Bosch plugs in my 88' Toyota with zero problems.

Granted, you may not see any more performance than you would from a set of normal Platinum plugs. Calling the plugs junk is a little far. The thought process behind these +2 plugs and theory is sound. Just don't think it works as well in the real world as it looks to on paper.