Stripped Oil Pan Bolt - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #11
*shrug*

Usually you would replace the gasket just so you don't get leaks. Especially since the old one is pretty old by now. Gasket is only 14 bucks I think.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Dave1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
let jiffy lube take it out, it will be a good learning experience for them.
they said "we don't do that" =[

Best Tank: 54.43 mpg
Dave1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #13
Registered Member

Find the nearest metric or standard size socket and hammer it over the bolt so it'll have a force fit. Turn it with a breaker bar. Jiffy Lube should do it or pay for it since they were the last ones to work on it.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbyobbq View Post
Find the nearest metric or standard size socket and hammer it over the bolt so it'll have a force fit. Turn it with a breaker bar. Jiffy Lube should do it or pay for it since they were the last ones to work on it.
lol does he have proof of that? i doubt it...
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_Red
Got a dremal or know someone who has one? could just grind new flats on the head
Old 09-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
lol does he have proof of that? i doubt it...
Iono, I keep my receipts. I had g00dyear crossthread two lug nuts on separate occasions. The first time they were really nice about it, but the second time they gave me some crap about how they torque (or crossthread in this case) all their stuff to the manufacturer's spec.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbyobbq View Post
Iono, I keep my receipts. I had g00dyear crossthread two lug nuts on separate occasions. The first time they were really nice about it, but the second time they gave me some crap about how they torque (or crossthread in this case) all their stuff to the manufacturer's spec.
lol i thought someone would say that he had a recipt, which means nothing...sure it says they changed the oil, but thats it. even if dave says well they were the last ones to touch it! still no proof... how does jiffy lube know they touched it last?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
how does jiffy lube know they touched it last?
It's below or at the oil change interval with dirty oil in there. That being said, ya gotta fight, fer yer right, to get yer moneyz back. Enough complaining/filing with the BBB will get most large companies to come around.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:05 AM   #19
Registered Member

Another option, a muffler shop can weld a bolt to the drain bolt, then crank it out. Muffler shop probably won't want to do the actual removal though, since they usually don't have the facilities for an oil change. Might be able to get them to break it loose with an impact wrench without actually removing the plug, then go home and fix it. And, don't let those teenagers under your car again! All their claim of tightening to manu specs means is they have a book with the specs they can refer to when someone complains. In reality, they crank on it till it won't turn anymore, then they put the wrong oil in and leave the oil cap off.
Telco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telco View Post
Another option, a muffler shop can weld a bolt to the drain bolt, then crank it out. Muffler shop probably won't want to do the actual removal though, since they usually don't have the facilities for an oil change. Might be able to get them to break it loose with an impact wrench without actually removing the plug, then go home and fix it. And, don't let those teenagers under your car again! All their claim of tightening to manu specs means is they have a book with the specs they can refer to when someone complains. In reality, they crank on it till it won't turn anymore, then they put the wrong oil in and leave the oil cap off.

or dont change the filter or leave the filter off...