Throttle Body problem? - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #31
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
Heh, I live in Western Mass. 20 minutes north of the Connecticut border and 5 minutes east of the NY border.

I've been compiling a document with all the information and tips I've collected from these forums to show to my mechanic, because I'm a complete noob when it comes to cars so I'm hesitant to try doing these things on my own. I'm also not too good with Enginese and get a little lost with some of the acronyms. I made an appointment with my mechanic to go over all the issues with the car and advice I've collected on them to see what his take is. Hopefully then I will be able to make an informed decision about how to proceed. And I still need to get a manual!

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:22 AM   #32
Registered Member

the haynes manual would really help.

Western Mass. if their is anybody close to this location please pm this guy and drive to his location and help him out. I'm sure theirs got to be somebody in the Mass area that can help him.

bfg9000d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:33 AM   #33
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
If School hadn't started today I'd say I'd do all the work on his car for him, if he flew me down there, lol. Too bad you weren't closer to MN. I usually work for beer and pizza.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:36 AM   #34
*shrug*

fuel economy forum
vegan recipes
green home improvement
honda gas mileage
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:48 AM   #35
Registered Member

how about it 1993CivicVX.

You could offer beer and pizza as a form of payment. SVOboy it might be worth it this guy is really up a creek with this car. 1993CivicVX you could pm your phone number to him and make arrangments.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #36
Registered Member

Hah! That would be really really cool. Well, my friend and I are going to spend all weekend trying to do the brakes. And if that goes well I'll think about trying to solve the idle and hesitation problems. I'm going to the mechanic right now to talk about all the issues. I could also meet someone somewhere half way. Cheers guys!

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #37
*shrug*

fuel economy forum
vegan recipes
green home improvement
honda gas mileage
Old 09-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #38
Registered Member

Svoboy that would be a good idea meeting him halfway. Maybe like a nearby auto parts store or something of sorts.

1993CivicVX try to keep us inform so that if it comes down to a meeting with svoboy the arrangement can be made.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:13 AM   #39
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
If School hadn't started today I'd say I'd do all the work on his car for him, if he flew me down there, lol. Too bad you weren't closer to MN. I usually work for beer and pizza.
Well, I like road trips and I like driving. Maybe it'd be worth the drive. Instead of this weekend attempting the daunting task of doing the rear brakes and ebrake myself with my friend (which is only half the battle) take a little road trip to check out the mini appleless mini soda. Come to think of it, I actually have a very hospitable friend in Minneapolis where I could maybe stay. Pizza and beer, you say? I could offer better reimbursement than that, but that is a very kind and generous offer. Especially if you could help me with the rust as well. That would be HUGE. I have a rough idea of how to fix it but I don't have any experience. Ideally I want to work on my car with someone who knows what they are dong and pay them to help me.

What do you think TomO? Minneapolis is only 1275 miles away. I suppose the same offer could extend to anyone else on the forums as well with VX knowledge and know how who isn't so far.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:15 AM   #40
*shrug*

fuel economy forum
vegan recipes
green home improvement
honda gas mileage