Turtle Wax Ice - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

Turtle Wax Ice

My OEM 92 VX paint finish is showing the years. I'll have to admit I haven't done as good of a job as I should have waxing it regularly in the 13 years I've had the car. I'd like to find a wax that works reasonably well without having to kill my chronically bad back with all kinds of rubbing, etc. I happened to see an infomercial about Turtle Wax Ice spray on wax; does anyone on the forum have experience with this product? Does it work as advertised (I am a known skeptic when it comes to infomercials, by the way)? I'm well aware that paste waxes such as carnauba probably give a better and more lasting finish, but they also require a lot of effort to apply and remove-and my back just can't take that.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Registered Member

get a drill and buffer pads!

and about your back...http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=10746

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:20 AM   #3

I broke down several years ago and bought a 10" two-handled buffer from Sears. I was able to wax my truck twice in less time than I could do it once by hand. I kicked myself for not buying it sooner. I was even able to get out my little wheeled mechanic chair and scoot down the entire sides of the truck. It almost waxed itself. I even had enough arm left to hold several beers afterwards.

I'm a believer.

I've used the ICE liquid polish. It goes on pretty easy and comes off a lot better than the paste waxes. A buffer makes it even easier.
Mayhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:40 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
I use RejeX polish and have been getting it from SkyGeeks.com just ordered two bottles yesterday morning which should last about 5 years. It does not remove oxidized paint but it is a white thick liquid - apply with a micro fiber cloth or a foam pad and just spread it around evenly - or use your fingers for a thicker coating. Let dry for 20 minutes out of the sun!! and wipe the slight haze off with a paper towel or cloth towel. No heavy rubbing is needed unless you put it on too thick and then all you do is apply a little and it comes right off. You can spread it out thin or thick - usually two coats works great and the second coat goes on even easier.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Just make sure you don't use too much

I've used the spray on polish...I wasn't too thrilled, it hazed badd and wouldn't come out of the paint. I have painted my VX with spray cans though and has a rough finish though. OEM paint should be fine to use on.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote