water in my exhaust? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
water in my exhaust?

I hope I am not abusing these forums by posting so much. My "new" car seems to have many quirks. My friend cleaned the exhaust system and put the car through the car wash and washed the underneath of the car. As I started driving away I heard some terrible sounds coming from the exhaust. I thought something was dragging on the ground so I stopped and got out to see, but there was nothing. I got in the car again and started driving away slowly, and the noise continued. It sounded like sand, gravel, nuts and bolts and rust clanging together in a tin can. It actually sounded like the exhaust system had fallen off the car and was dragging on the road. The noise was mostly gone by the time I got home 30 miles later. my friend said he saw a small hole in the exhaust?-- it was over the cell phone so I didn't understand exactly what he was talking about. Anyway! Thought maybe I got water in my exhaust.

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Registered Member

Ha, yeah, getting water in the exhaust will make lots of weird noises. Hopefully you can fix the hole easily...

Old 08-25-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

yea well this si why you dont take a 1000psi pressure washer to the unnderside of your car....

but just drive alot and it will evaporate from the heat. dont let the car sit for a while then you will have a rust hole in the muffler.
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
*shrug* My friend washed the car. He has been very willing to get my car in better shape but can be a little rough and careless in his approach. The noise is actually coming from the left side of the rear of the car and the exhaust is on the right. So I'm totally baffled about what's going on. The noise is almost gone, though. Wonder where the water could have gotten to cause the noise?

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote