What kind of car protection do you have that prevents getting your car stolen? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2006, 02:41 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Seems no one wants to break into a 94 Metro but I got a silent paging alarm for the xB about $56 with inputs for doors, trunk, hood, and engine start and they threw in a very good motion sensor.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
-And what are your future plans to install something that prevents your car from getting stolen?
Nothing - if someone wants to steal a Metro they must really be hurting and they deserve it. If they want the Insight they'll be seen for sure before they get very far - lime green metallic paint is the theft deterent for that. As far as the Matrix goes, I could see that getting stolen so I'll keep the full coverage on it until I sell it - soon.

BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #13
Registered Member

Hungry Criminals

I leave a ham sandwich on the dashboard in the summertime with plenty of mayo. When/if the would-be crook breaks in, he's like, "Hmm, might as well eat the sandwich since it's here." Meanwhile the toxins in the stale mayo take effect and the crook is sent away with Gastro-Intestinal problems.

Seriously, if someone wants to steal your car, they will. It would be a bummer, but my car can be replaced with something more fuel-efficient. Despite full-coverage, I'd get peanuts to get something, but it would be an opportunity. It's a material item.

RH77
Old 09-26-2006, 07:11 PM   #14
Registered Member

Do you know how hard it is to find a 99-00 civic coupe 5 speed in stock condition that was very well maintained???? Very very hard!

Anyway I bought the Autolock pro and put it on my clutch pedal. I also have a very good alarm with Ignition disable.

While anyone is screwing with the autolock or the alarm I'll come out with a bat and beat the **** out of them.

The driveway patrol sensor is a good idea. I might get that.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:13 AM   #15
Registered Member

Hi theclencher - ?I don't think anyone else wants it.?

Given the rite situation someone will steal it.

A friend of mine has a mid 90's Skoda and it dissapears every 6 months or so.
The unfortunate thing is that he ends up getting it back.
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:24 AM   #16
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
Do you know how hard it is to find a 99-00 civic coupe 5 speed in stock condition that was very well maintained???? Very very hard!
Considering there were millions of these cars made and they're only 6 or 7 years old, I wouldn't call it hard, at all.

But in any case, enjoy your clutch lock, I'm sure it wil afford you hours of amusement, better than any Super Nintendo.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to FormulaTwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Considering there were millions of these cars made and they're only 6 or 7 years old, I wouldn't call it hard, at all.

I beleive it depends on where you live. Here in NC the ricer "scene" was huge. It is especially hard to find a nice stock civic of any year. Especially a 92-95 hatch.

Before i bought mine, the previous owner had installed a wing on the roof. As well as fiberglassed the trunk area for speakers.

FormulaTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:30 AM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegammyleg
?I want a modest 10" woofer in the back, will be a full tint job to keep out prying eyes, a stock-looking shelf to hide it?

My 12inch is about to go into my Swift (Metro clone).
The speaker box it rather largish and its real solid (read - heavy)
Unless they get my rear hatch open I am thinking its an impossiblity to remove it from the car.
So my plan is to use another lock mechanism on the hatch with a remote solenoid and hidden switch.
Unless they use dynamite it wont open. , and if they do use dynamite thay can have it
I have significantly more hatch glass area than you and it would not benefit me to anger a thief into breaking my glass to get the sub/amp out. Your method seems like a good fit for you. My sub will be a 10" Bazooka powered version so heavy and big it isn't (I can carry it one handed no problem). I may use heavy duty steel tie-down straps and mount them w/ concealed bolts or just paint it so fugly no one would dare pretend to own it. The shelf will conceal it's fugliness for me. Mak

MakDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:07 PM   #19
Registered Member

I bought mine fully stock.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:08 PM   #20
Registered Member

Hii MakDiesel ..

yeah , most bazooka tubes are quite small and light.
Most thieves dont come fully prepared unless they have seen it b4 and know what they must overcome to get the goodies.
Probably at best they will come with a set of wire cutters and and pliers , so if you throw an allen headed bolt in their somewhere they will be quite skrood.

onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote