What questions to ask about painting VX? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

What questions to ask about painting VX?

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to contact a local high school to do a little body work on my stock VX and then paint the entire car and was wondering what questions to ask them about the painting process. I just bought it and it appears to have never been painted before. Both front fenders need replacing due to damage. I banged out a large dent in the left rear quarter panel, but it still needs a litttle work. There's a deep gash in the passanger door. you get the picture. it needs work. The only parts that don't need work are the roof, right rear quarter panel, hatch and tailgate. I plan to keep it as long as the engine will last and maybe beyond. What questions should I ask the paint instructor about the process before deciding if I should allow them to paint the car, and what are the correct answers to those questions? Thanks.

LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Registered Member

If body panels need to be replaced ask if you can bring in your own replacements or see how much they can get the same panels for. Im not sure how it works with high schools but some body shops like to source their own parts and charge a little extra for doing so.
XxDrUnKnMuNkxX is offline   Reply With Quote