Where can I get cruise Control for a 1995 Civic VX??? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #1
Registered Member

Where can I get cruise Control for a 1995 Civic VX???

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has cruise control in there civic vx? wondering if you have a aftermarket cruise or if you got one out of an si or ex?

Thanks!

Old 09-26-2007, 10:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
We have had a discussion about it HERE

General consensus is to get an aftermarket kit installed rather than try the OEM route, unless you really like to punish yourself.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
Registered Member

I put an aftermarket Audiovox CCS100 system on my 87 Civic last November and I love it.

If you have a manual trans (like me), the only engine wire it needs is a coil signal wire. You will also need to spice in to your brake light wire and 2 power wires but it just took me about 3.5 hours to install. You can get the kit for about $100 off the internet and then you will need to get a vacuum reservoir at a junkyard for $5 or so since the 4 cylinder doesn't have much vacuum at interstate speeds.

The install for an auto trans is a little more involved (I liked mine so much that I put one on my father in law's 2000 Nissan truck with auto trans)

Note- if you put the actuator in the passenger compartment, it does make some random clicking noises as it adjusts pull on the throttle cable.
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
Registered Member

Glad to hear you had success with that aftermarket unit. I might just have to look into one of them before I make my cross country road trips I'm planning in my VX. Being without cruise does get pretty annoying when driving for hours on end.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote