I have discovered injector off coasting! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Transmissions and Running Gear
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #11
*shrug*

Quote:Please explain partial

Quote:
Please explain partial lock up and full lock up. Also what are your rpm when your injectors shut off?
From what I understand full lock up is when the torque converter is fully engaged, which happens around 38mph on my car, but partial lock up, which I don't have, is just some fraction of torque converter usage during lower speeds when the torque converter cannot function fully engaged. It's not a matter of rpm, it's just if the LUS (lock-up solenoid) is engaged, which is over 38mph usually.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
'

everyone with an auto tranny has "partial lockup" as you call it

once the engine is spinning, and you are in gear, there isn't anything anyone can do to get out of partial lockup other than shut down the engine, put the tranny in neutral or hit a steady 38mph(for you svo) and go into full lock-up.
Lock up solenoids are also commonly called torque converter clutches(TCC)

Old 05-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #13
*shrug*

I am commenting on the fact

I am commenting on the fact that obd1+ honda ecus have two (or more) lock up solenoid controls, one is full lockup and the other is partial lock up.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:01 PM   #14
Registered Member

Re: Quote:Please explain partial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Quote:
Please explain partial lock up and full lock up. Also what are your rpm when your injectors shut off?
From what I understand full lock up is when the torque converter is fully engaged, which happens around 38mph on my car, but partial lock up, which I don't have, is just some fraction of torque converter usage during lower speeds when the torque converter cannot function fully engaged. It's not a matter of rpm, it's just if the LUS (lock-up solenoid) is engaged, which is over 38mph usually.
I finally have an answer!!! 2 years ago I asked this same question on another board and was told my transmission was slipping. I new that was bull**** because going up hill at 52 the TC would disengage once, the car would slow, then twice for the TC (each time about 500 RPM), then if necessary, kick down to 3rd. This is normal! Thanks SVO! It doesn't happen often anymore because I don't climb hills like on the Kansas side by the river, nor do I give it lots of throttle input anymore. I just wondered why it did this. Partial L/U must give you a little extra power without sacrificing all torque engagement. Brilliant I say! W00T (I know it's been a while since that statement, but 'tis appropriate).