moist air causing cough in Cvic VX when engine cold - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-22-2011, 02:43 AM   #51
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Re: moist air causing cough in Cvic VX when engine cold

Harbor Freight is discontinuing some of their gauges and I've seen their oil pressure gauge for $3.50 at two locations. I bought one. Also I'm sure I've mentioned their $20 fuel pressure gauge set.

A lift would be major luxury, as would a garage. Even a paved/concrete place to work would be great. I work on grass (well, weeds). I have two cheap floor jacks, a bottle jack (which I never use) that came with my truck, two decent enough jack stands (and a few crappy ones), two good ramps and two crappy ones, and lots of blocks of wood. If I ever need an engine hoist I guess I'll deal with that, but that's not really a commonly needed tool.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #52
Registered Member

Re: moist air causing cough in Cvic VX when engine cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Holy carp, $87 to replace four spark plug wires? I hope that included parts!

Although I like to encourage people to work on their own cars, I understand and can't fault anyone for having a pro take care of it. I just dropped my truck off at the shop for stuff I would rather not try (steel brake lines) and my car is going there once my budget recovers (exhaust manifold - I'm sure I'd snap those bolts off or round them).

Like benfrogg, I like troubleshooting and fixing stuff, and there's not really a choice anyway since I haven't got the budget for any other option.
yea agreed, certian things at certian times (ie replacing brake lines in the middle of winter or exhaust work haha) id best leave it to the mechanics with a lift and heated shop haha

like wed i got an appointment to have my chevette exhaust welded up, clamps are not working haha

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote