Need help Brake Bleeding problem - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #11
Registered Member

btw rebuilt mastercylinders can be bad, im on my 3rd and it keeps frickin leaking!!!

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to kamesama980 Send a message via Yahoo to kamesama980
does the car have ABS? if so, you could have air in the ABS motor/valve assembly and you may need to so special voodoo to bleed the ABS bits. some have bleeders built in, some have to be cycled electronically (with a scanner or by mfr specific procedure), some just need a lot of bleeding in a very particular, often repetitive, order

mechanic, carpenter, stagehand, rigger, and know-it-all smartass
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
kamesama980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:30 AM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
If the pedal is soft then you have either some travel in the pads and shoes (rear) or air trapped someplace. Easy way to flush the front lines is to remove the pads and allow the piston to come out more than usual then press them back in thus flushing the fluid and air back up to the master cylinder. When bleeding you can also just crack the bleaders a little and press hard on the pedal to force the air out of the wheel cylinders. It is also a good idea to pump the master cylinder with short strokes from the full up position (quick up and then back down quickly) so you keep fluid moving through the lines and don't let it flow back up as it may in a longer stroke. You can also set the hand brake to keep the rear shoes from moving while you bleed them depending upon how they operate.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote