Thoughs on VolksWagen TDI's? - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Diesels
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2007, 12:42 PM   #61
Registered Member

OMGz, I misspelled guerro! Damn, that's what I get for living in this cracker town for too long... And no, you can't be facetious unless you explicitly tell others so they don't look like foo's!

omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #62
Registered Member

Mojave is cracker?!? Last time I was there it was cracker the way Santa Ana is cracker! Ya spelled naiive rong, to. I'm being funny there; ya kin tell by me spellin Ya, to and rong rong. I'm not really banging on your spelling. I have to type everything two or three times and spellcheck constantly- part of it is a dodgy batch of brain cells in a critical neural pathway, part is big sasquatch fingers and little tiny typewriter keys.
By the way, I judge people not by their color, ethnicity or accent, but by their cuisine (and, as evidenced by my -ahem- middlethickness, I love everyone). Do I really have to tell folks when I'm funny? Honestly, I thought it was more evident than that, like I was prima facie funny. Dang. Hello... is this thing on?

stinkindiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #63
Registered Member

AANNDDD if it was my responsibility to keep people from looking like foo's, I would be very very busy. Not with you. I've read your posts. You're one of the "keepers".
Old 07-27-2007, 02:17 PM   #64
Registered Member

Naw, not the city, the desert. Iono, probably just me. I guess I'm just really literal, and don't pick up these things. If you think I'm bad online, jeez, IRL is awful. Sumtimes, and I mean rarely and usually after the fact, I'll pick stuff up, but for the most part it's lost on me.

Editz- 80%+ Caucasian.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #65
Registered Member

Wifey dear doesn't get me either. And I have scant hope of being appreciated after my death like Lenny Bruce or John Belushi. Wait, Belushi was appreciated before he died; never mind that one.
What's 80% cauc, you or Mojave?
I, myself, am some cauc (outside) part trash-dog (inside) and a bit chilisauce-American (attitude).
However you look at it, I am a distinct minority in California; as an American of European descent, aka European-American, aka melanin-challenged American, I demand my special-interest group (and don't you dare say the bunch on Capitol Hill are my special-interest group- I am NOT an amoral attorey-American)! Where are the protesters! Where are the public awareness marches!
I remember back on May 1st, 2006, it took me seven minutes to get an egg sandwich at Farmer Boys because there were only 3 "people of color" (to use Jesse Jackson's own divisive phrase) working in the joint. What if, as a protest, the "people of somewhat less color" (my own derivative phrase, spoofing Mr. Jackson's) didn't show up? Who'd unlock the place? COME ON NOW!!! THAT WAS FREAKIN' FUNNY!!! I almost varmitted from laughin' so hard!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #66
Registered Member

Man, I must be slow too.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #67
Registered Member

Naw, Churchie is just nuts, Must be the methanol vapors
Old 07-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #68
Registered Member

Want to know, ask the man that works on them....

New VW are terrible. A shame, as I loved the older ones, even when I worked on them for a living.

I also love Diesel cars. But the days of getting 300K out of a motor with no work are gone with the new ones.

This comes from a friend that is a manager of a large independent import repair shop that has worked on and owned BMW, VW, Citroen, Peugoet, Mercedes, etc for a living for 35+ years both in the US and in Europe.

Ask him what new cars to buy now, he will tell you Hyundai or Kia.

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #69
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spule 4 View Post
I also love Diesel cars. But the days of getting 300K out of a motor with no work are gone with the new ones.
Case in point, I just got off the phone with another longtime friend, he was driving his "new" 1982 Peugeot 604.

The car has the original motor and automatic and has over 700,000 miles on it.......

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #70
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkindiesel View Post
omgwtfbyobbq *cough*californiaalreadygetsenoughofmydangedmoney* cough*
Taxation without representation- and if you think Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstien represent MY interest, yer just nuts. I'm a college-educated heterosexual married white Christian male who owns guns and works- hard- for a living. I am veryveryvery low on the list of voters that matter to them. So, if either of them wants to sit down and go over an itemized list of what I owe and what I've paid, I'll be glad to lay it out.

We had some of the same problems. One of the reasons (besides not being able to afford taxes anymore) we moved away from CA to TX when my Dad retired. I'd love to come back to CA, but I'm completely mindful of the problems and pitfalls out there...

'09 Harley Nightster - 48mpg and 1/4 miles in the 12's
jcp123 is offline   Reply With Quote