Which gas stations do you prefer when buying diesel? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Diesels
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
I have to say that I usually use Shell V Power, but when not using that, I use Murphy's (Walmart) since it's the cheapest diesel fuel around often selling for $3.48 per gallon. To be honest, I can't find a difference between the two, but I almost never push my Cruze TD. At 6980 miles, I'm pretty sure I've floored it only twice, once to see what it would do and the second was dusting off a Nissan Sentra.
You need to exercise the turbo. It won't hurt the car. In addition, the occasional Italian tune-up will remove excess carbon buildup. If your turo design is a VNT (vane and rotator ring) vacuum controlled you're asking for long-term trouble if you don't give it the periodic flogging.

VanWylder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanWylder View Post
You need to exercise the turbo. It won't hurt the car.
...give it the periodic flogging.
I totally agree!!!

My Mercedes-Benz Turbo Diesel has almost 500 torques and I love the feeling of being pressed into my seat when I unleash all of them. In the words of Jeremy Clarkson, "Yeeessss!!!!!"

BikerBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:12 AM   #23
Registered Member

Pumps around Arkansas do not display a cetane rating and if you ask anyone at the station they look at you like you are crazy. I fuel at the Loves near my job. Mainly because their diesel ranges between 5-20% biodiesel. You cant find B50 or above around here so this is the next best thing. If you look at my fill up history over the past two years all my fill ups are at the same location and my mileage is consistent. Winter or summer. I want to buy some lubricity additives someday but right now don't have the money for it. So far the run of the mill diesel has caused no issues. I confirmed this when I ran my oil 15K miles and had an analysis done on it. The oil still had some additive left and no signs of wear. It was only a partial synthetic oil.
tbohern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #24
Registered Member

Biodiesel might be increasing the lubricity of the fuel. So you may not need additives if you regularly use it.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #25
Registered Member

I always use Sainsbury's as I collect Nectar points. They also tend to be the cheapest around my area for fuel as well.
There are a couple of independent garages that are sometimes a penny cheaper, but they don't give nectar points.
My cousin always uses Shell as his BMW (he thinks) runs better and thinks supermarket fuel is substandard. My shed doesn't seem to mind what I put into it!
yfo866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:10 AM   #26
Registered Member

I buy my diesel at Shell, Caseys and QuickTrip, they seem to give me the best diesel fuel, and they are cheaper where I'm at when it comes to Diesel. $1.50 great for diesel fuel, I've seen it drop to $1.10 in Colorado Springs. It costs me less than $60 to fill up my 30 gallon tank and I don't let it get bellow 1/8ths
Redneckrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:46 AM   #27
Registered Member

Oh boy that's cheap, it's shot up here in the UK, probably the exit of the EU doesn't help. Paying £1.16 a litre here, which works out at just under $6 a US gallon. Petrol and diesel the same price now. It's been worse I guess...

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:31 PM   #28
Registered Member

Holy crap that expensive like no other! Gas is normally over $3 a gallon, so having a diesel is great when it comes to being cheaper
Redneckrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #29
Registered Member

I use GasBuddy & get diesel from the cheapest station I can find.
DesertRat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:47 PM   #30
Registered Member

In southern Ontario, Canada, where I live, diesel has been cheaper than unleaded gas since I took delivery of my Audi Q5 3.0 TDI in late May 2015. Right now, the best local prices are (CAD$/Liter):
- Diesel: $0.869
- Reg: $0.949
- Mid: $1.029
- Prem: $1.108

I benefit not only from the lower pump price, but also from the higher MPG. My calculations say my diesel has saved more than 1/3 of the fuel cost compared to a 2.0L gasoline powered Q5.

2015 Audi Q5 "Progressiv" + S-Line + Scuba Blue, 3.0L V6 TDI
(Highest fuel economy for all Audi Q5s on Fuelly!)

SteveMak is offline   Reply With Quote