Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Aerodynamics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2008, 01:34 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
camry and a azteck had a baby
LOL!

That new design doesn't look much more aero than before, looks uninspired, made by by a bunch of "in-the box" thinkers... It's still getting bigger, will MPGs be sacrificed too?

In europe, smaller diesel cars get EPA's way above the prius without the battery packs. 60MPGs is not unusual. And this has been for over 10 years... When I was there late 90's, I had a 2nd hand, between 6 to 10 year old hatchback that was a 1.9L diesel doing 47MPG without any FE technique knowledge.

I wish some car company would just make a simple FE car that has uncompromised aero body styling, stops the engine at red lights, DFCO, an option to Neutral with A/T in overdrive when the pedal is not pressed and the car is not accelerating, and have smarter options for cruise control.
That would likely get most of what a hybrid car gets w/o the complex technology and added weight.

sonyhome is offline   Reply With Quote