Basjoos beast - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

Basjoos beast

I don't know if this has been discussed here before but anyone have an idea how he made that amazing beast. I would very much like to pick one up and totally copy cat it, sorry basjoos. Thanks so much guys and sorry basjoos for wanting to steal your hard work... its just such a good job!

Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vxdude
Yeah that would be kool if he could make a body kit and sell it to others VX and CX owners

vxdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
Registered Member

Ha Ha... What's funny is his car seems so unreal to me that I imagine it's only paper mache model!

In for replies.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
Registered Member

one thing to remember is that he lives in south carolina with NO INSPECTIONS!!!!!

I am sure that If I tried to do that in north carolina, they would really have a hay day with me.

something to keep in mind

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #5
Registered Member

Definitely a good point on those inspections. On the major positive though even though Michigan is a frozen tundra of hell, it has no inspections, woot woot!!!(Awesome!). Anyone feeling a group buy from basjoos:P
Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
There are good pics of it around. What's most impressive, though, is how simple and relatively minor the actual modifications are. Looking at the pic of his car in his avatar, it looks like a futuristic rocketship with a ten foot long nose cone and such; but when you see a larger picture, and especially when you see the pics of how it's put together, it doesn't actually look like much.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #7
Registered Member

the thing that got me was the hatch is functional. that probably took a while to get just right. he also relocated the lights as well. I figure he spent a while getting everything to work out just so.

as far as the inspection thing. in north carolina, they even check the tint level on your windows (if you have tint).

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
Registered Member

What would be neat would be to do it to a Civic that had some front and rear end damage. You could buy it for practically nothing.

regards
gary
Old 02-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #9
Registered Member

Aerocivic.com
palemelanesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #10
Registered Member

The nice thing about the aluminum bar and sheet construction that I've used for the aeromods on my car is that it only takes a very small and inexpensive tool set to do it. Everything added onto my car has been built with the following toolset: jigsaw, cordless drill (and drill bits), heat gun (for heat setting coroplast and lexan), hacksaw, tin snips, 2 large pipe wrenches (for bending aluminum bar), measuring tape, pipe taps, tap holder, box cutter (for cutting coroplast), philips screwdriver, pop rivet gun, paint brush, and caulk gun. All of the materials came from Lowe's and McMaster-Carr.