Boat-tail on Insight & Prius in Photoshop - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red91sit View Post
I honestly dont' mind switch blades being illegal, No real use for such things is there?
Well ya never know when your going to need to fillet a fish at short notice!

Sure there's little use for a switch blade.. I mean, have you noticed how easy it is to flip open some of the single blade locking pocket knives? Plenty of them even have tiny thumb tabs just for this purpose it seems.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:39 AM   #22
Registered Member

Plastic license covers usually cause cameras to not be able to see the license. How uptight the cops are about plastic covers will tell you how much they depend on cameras. In the states where they use photo radar, they will jump on you instantly for having the tag covered, because they know that you'd be able to speed past their photo radar and they wouldn't be able to get money off you.

Telco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:48 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepick View Post
Posts containing ( run-on sentences ) occasionally get a rebuke from me.
ButwhatswrongwithrunonsentencesImeantorebukesomeon ebecausetheycreatedarunonsentenceisjustmean.

( That was actually hard to type )

BTW folks, I showed these pictures to my ( very .... normal ) sister. Predictably, she thought they were the ugliest cars she had ever seen. She quickly forwarded a picture of one of those tear drop bicycle helments with a note that said " This is your helmet attire to wear with the car "
Nerds laugh at me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnFocus View Post
You're telling me ? Even clear plate cover sold at *every* auto shop across the state are illegal . (It's not cheaper to just pay the fine either )
well in IL im not sure but if i remember right that the use of the plastic licene plate covers are now illegal, because of somehting someone mentioned above about photo radar. they also starting some new thing where there will be a photo box with a radar gun in IL work zones that if if it catches you speeding thru the workzone they will just mail you a ticket with a photo copy of the photo.

but i never did liek the looks of either car before, but they do lookinteresting photoshoped. excenelt work btw...ive tried messin with photoshop and its harder than it looks
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalic View Post
Well ya never know when your going to need to fillet a fish at short notice!

Sure there's little use for a switch blade.. I mean, have you noticed how easy it is to flip open some of the single blade locking pocket knives? Plenty of them even have tiny thumb tabs just for this purpose it seems.
In the Land of 10,000 Lakes being able to quickly fillet a fish saves time so you can get to the next lake.

It's not the point of the switchblade itself being legal or illegal . The point being they can be sold BUT Not possessed ?
Like the plate covers ...you buy them but do Not install them on the car ? C'mon ! At least we have a choice about buying gas ...or boattail Insights and Priu-ii . I'd drive either of those 'chops without a doubt .
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #26
Registered Member

herese a fun thought its only legal till your caught with it...

lol same with window tint, they sell 5% and 2.5% yet here only 20% is legal. they most likey wouldnt pull you over for it, but if they wanna be an a$$ they can. or if you go thru one of those safety checkpoints where they check to see if you have license/registration/insurance they might warn you about it.
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #27
Registered Member

Doesn't the last image ( of the black Prius) remind you of the so called 'future cars' from old '80s movies ?
It looks so dated.
I wonder if it would look futuristic and new if our idea of a 'future car' back in the '80s really looked like todays SUVs - boxes.
Who would have guessed that styling would progress backwards?
( But then ... it always does, doesn't it ? Witness the return of the 'retro' styled iMac*, which looked like a 1950s television. )

( *the fruity colored ones )
Old 07-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #28
Registered Member

Ha Ha ... now the Insight is purple.

Hey man ..it's my favorite color. ( Actually a more dignified sounding " Royal blue " )
Old 07-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #29
Registered Member

I liked your original chops, could you add them back in to the first post? And off topic I have too add that after driving a hylander hybrid this week, I'm really starting to want a prius.
tulsa_97sr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:21 AM   #30
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerds laugh at me View Post
Who would have guessed that styling would progress backwards? ( But then ... it always does, doesn't it ? Witness the return of the 'retro' styled iMac*, which looked like a 1950s television.)
Retro style... Chevy HHR, PT Cruiser, to some degree the Mini Cooper and New Beetle...

Those 'shopped images are definitely "different," maybe even jarring at first glance (but then so's the stock Prius ). But after the shock passed I thought they weren't bad. Heck, I'd own one (reference the infamous .sig about dildo-shaped cars ).

And talk about serious cargo space!

Rick