Geo Fender Flare Jelly Bean Advice please! - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #21
Registered Member

Here is todays work. Little tired today. Before you think it's made of wood remember it will be covered with fibe1555643PZuLeR_th.jpg[/IMG]rglass.

Pics still not working quite right. Depth of foam is deceiving camera did not catch it quite right.

minic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #22
Registered Member

Love it. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #23
Registered Member

Frt. Fender ready?

Lets try this again. Storm knocked out power, lots of limbs to pick up in the backyard. More distractions! Ok see what you think? The rear lower wheel lip will be replaced with luan for strength, formed into the foam. Hope to get some glassing done yet today. That stuff should come in a jewel box! I had heard how expensive body work was but, WOW! Has anyone used DupliColors new paint system? There is no mixing, but it only comes in a few colors.

COZX2 not figuring out how you do your uploads, from the hyper link you use? Yes I'm a slow learner.

Got it!!!!!!!!!!!

Made the circle the old fashion way, string in the middle of the hupcap.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #24
Registered Member

That is looking pretty interesting . I may have to stop over when you get done and see it in person.

jwxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #25
Supporting Member

Kudos to all the mods. I am curious as to what the FE result is gonna be. And can you still turn your steering wheel all the way with the flares in the front?
McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #26
Registered Member

Wheels turn just fine. Just don't hit any big bumps while doing it! This is a test of living with what the show cars show us.
jwxr7 stop by anytime. Still have tires for you.

One ? I have is should a belly pan be installed past the engine? With the frt. so low will it be needed?
Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #27
Registered Member

Pickup Sticks

Done for the night. Side tracked picking up after a big storm.
Thanks for all your kind words. They are much appreciated. Hard part about to start, would rather be doing mechanical work! Body work is out of my normal realm

Thanks COZX2 for your kind help. Easy once one figures it out. Watch me goof up now.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #28
Registered Member

End of Vacation!!

Well here are some shots of what was done during vacation. Not enough time, took much longer than anticiapted. So hot today my air compressor quit so end of sanding. First shots are of the prep work. Foil was an attempt at keeping the fiberglass from sticking were it was not wanted. This worked very well! If you decided to use foam as a pattern cover it with a coat of dura glass before fiberglass. This keeps the fiberglass from attacking the foam. Wish that was fore knowledge and not after! Oh well that is what learning is about.

Rust in inner fender well was sandblasted and primed with por15. Will be undercoated next time fenders off.

Last shots are of were it is at now. Had to get it driveable. My only ride for work.

This is the front extender will need more work and DZUS fastners.

This was an idea to let air caught in the front end out. What about it CO? should it be kept or filled. Looks kinda neat to me?

Side shot, bottom left rear corner will have to be opened up for more clearence. Thats what happens when you build it yourself. Lots of adjusting!

Rear: Had to trim the edge stiffener to clear hupcap, and may have to end up with a circular cut out for more clearence. Dzus fastners back here too.

As you can see lots done. LOTS more to go.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #29

Looking Good!
Don't know if you'll appreciate it but I'm a fan of the Renault Clio 197 and the Jelly Bean has some striking similarites . Looking forward to more updates !
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #30
Registered Member

Thanks clencher been there. Tommrow will tell the tale for sure. There will be adjustments to be done for sure. The Dzus fastners for the front will be there because that panel HAS to be removable. Rear tire has to be angled in when installing or removing. The suspension was all the way down with the pic. of the front with the fender off. Same for the rear. This has let me know that some of the show cars we see must have removable panels.